rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
My kids just don't appreciate how good they've got it.

Both our kids are off to college, live about two hours away. My wife is always giving them the guilt trip stuff: you never call, aren't you coming home this weekend, etc.

So Mother's Day is approaching and the kids join forces to give mom a treat. They call up to find out what mom wants to do on her day. Her response:

"Why don't we load up the bikes and go down to Hollister Hills for the day?"

So we spent Mother's Day playing in the dirt!

Isn't life great?

Rod

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
rmc_olderthandirt said:
My kids just don't appreciate how good they've got it.

Both our kids are off to college, live about two hours away. My wife is always giving them the guilt trip stuff: you never call, aren't you coming home this weekend, etc.

So Mother's Day is approaching and the kids join forces to give mom a treat. They call up to find out what mom wants to do on her day. Her response:

"Why don't we load up the bikes and go down to Hollister Hills for the day?"

So we spent Mother's Day playing in the dirt!

Isn't life great?

Rod

that was very considerate of your wife to do that for them, just to show how much she really cares for and loves them :nod: . Happy Late Mother's Day

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
had I not had the kid's bike in pieces, my wife might have said to me "why don't you load up the kids and bikes and go riding while I work in the garden".

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I must be a jerk, ;) my wife spent Mothers day under the easy up waiting for me to come around again. We did go out to eat, to celebrate after though. It was her choice though.... What a woman :nod:

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
kawicam250 said:
that was very considerate of your wife to do that for them, just to show how much she really cares for and loves them :nod: . Happy Late Mother's Day

Yes. Of course. That's it. I'm sure but for the love of her children she hated every darn minute....Oh the torture....Moms... always sacrificing sacrificing sacrificing.... :debil:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Took my wife/our boys mom out for dinner on Sat night and a big "her family" get together on Sun...........same old thing, blah blah, blah. Our youngest son (18) made the day for her though, graduating with a 3.85, multiple scholarships, unbelievable letters of college-recommendation from teachers AND taking her out for lobster dinner this week, says to her she's not only loved, but she is a great, self-sacrificing, supportive and devoted mom.........her seeing the confirmation of her success in her role as "mom" was an awesome reward.
We're all very fortunate, she's a class act.

Top Bottom