Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
have any of you guys ever used one of these mercury tools before? is so,could you give some info on how they work, how difficult they are to use, and if its worth the $40. any info given would be great.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
They work fine, the threaded tubes used to screw into your cyclinder head are fragile so beware, they like to snap off at the threads.
Motion pro also has a slick set of vacuum adapters but they will set you back over 100$.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
SFO said:
They work fine, the threaded tubes used to screw into your cyclinder head are fragile so beware, they like to snap off at the threads.
Motion pro also has a slick set of vacuum adapters but they will set you back over 100$.

thanks for responding sfo. could you please expain to me how the tool actually works and what all is involved with using this tool? is in easy enough for a novice tuner to use or is it complicated? i guess it will tell you are lean, rich, etc... somehow? it will only work aon 4 strokes right?

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Are you talking about synchronization sticks? It is four tubes filled with a small amount of mercury, with flexible tubing attached to them. If so, they are used for multi carb set-ups, to synch the carbs to one another.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
im not sure if this is sync. sticks or not, i saw it in my chaparral racing catalog and it just says mecury carb tuner. i just wondered if i could work with helping me jet my bikes. i am not good with jetting and i thought that maybe it could help me decide on what needs to be done.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
Jetting is a bit different kettle of fish than syncronizing.
Learning jetting will not be assisted by this tool.

arrow101

Feb 23, 2004
this is a tool used in multi cylinder 4 strokes. it syncranises the carbys via measureing the vaccume in each inlet manifold for each carby. Means that all the carbys are opening the same time at the same amount.
Unfortunatly not a jetting tool

Top Bottom