raykx

Jun 26, 2001
Just wondering since RC will be moving to honda will he still ride the kawi or the CRs for the moto de nations?Don't know much about this so thats why I'm asking. Will RC be riding the 250 or the 450F next year? Who are the riders for the U.S. team? thxs:think

biker

Sep 22, 2000
The U.S. riders are RC, Windam, and Brown. Rc will most likely be on his Kawi, but if it is a Honda it will be a cr 250. Going to Honda would be change enough, can't imagine him on the 450.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
You will not see RC on a Kawasaki after the Steel City national. He'll be on a Honda (CR250), Windham on an RM250, and Mike Brown on a KX125.

I just wonder if RC will be on a Kawasaki at Steel City, since he's rumored to be riding the 125 class there. CR125 anyone?:think

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I personally would like to see RC TRY to beat either Langston or Brown in the 125 class. :)

I don't care how heavily modified the CR125R would be, these other 2 guys have obviously superior bikes and have been battling it out all season on the 125's (which is a completely different riding style/experience than a 250).

Then there is also the possibility that these 2 are actually BETTER riders than RC. I wouldn't say that would be too far from the truth.

By the way, RacerXill.com has the Alessi brothers being spied riding red. :eek: When will Honda stop? They seem indefatigable in their pursuit of Kawasaki and Suzuki-bred riders. Shameful. By the bye, I saw a great poster at the local Kawi dealership. Showed a Combine harvesting in a field of wheat with a little green rider about every 10 feet, stuck in up at the waist. Caption said something referring to Team Green's excellence in growing/harvesting future champions. Isn't THAT the truth.

However, looks like Honda slips in under the auger and makes away with the crop. :silly:

raykx

Jun 26, 2001
Hey does anybody know if the moto de nation race will be and if they will air it? Don't recall ever see one on T.V.:think

biker

Sep 22, 2000
The only time I've ever seen it on TV they were highlights on Moto World or Speedvision. I wish they would at least tape delay it on TV.

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
I think Honda's doing the smart thing by getting all of the race proven
riders. They don't spend a ton of money on making scrubs into pro's and they just take their pick
of the ready made cream of the crop. This way they KNOW they're gonna get good results
instead of taking gambles on unproven athlete's.

osheen

Feb 27, 2000
Cream of the crop? OK then, in the last few years what has Pichon, Windham, Tortelli and Lusk done for Honda other than a few race wins? A lot of potential but no championship. Not the resullt that they were hoping to buy. It used to be riders would move to Honda and excel. Now riders go to Honda and decel or stagnate...........

Does anyone know when was the last time a Honda won a national or SX event, let alone a title?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Hows this for a weird team-England
125 Dobb world champ-good choice
250 carl nunn-had a up and down year on 250 Husky but coopers out with injury
500 KURT NICHOLL as we have no fast open riders Nicholl has come out of retirement so save us,he recently got a 8th in a GP as a wild card so maybe he can pull it off on that 600cc works KTM :)

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Originally posted by biker
The only time I've ever seen it on TV they were highlights on Moto World or Speedvision. I wish they would at least tape delay it on TV.

In the October RacerX, Eric Johnson asked AMA Motocross Manager Duke Finch this question. The following was taken directly from RacerX...

Q. A tremendous number of fans follow Team USA very closely. Why can't we get the race on TV here?

A. Ask Giuseppe Luongo [Dorna motocross principal]. We tried very hard to get the TV rights this year. He has no intentions of putting the race on TV here. He wouldn't even cut us a deal so we could sell sponsorship for the TV spot time inventory.

Oh well, at least hopefully we can follow the race online...

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
A. Ask Giuseppe Luongo [Dorna motocross principal].

Thats damned unsporting old chap .... one would think there would be protocols for covering international sporting events. Should boycott the buggers and hold our own world championship of sorts ..... leave it open to the Americans and Brits .... and a few select ex-pat colonial sorts :silly:

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
The tv rights guy is the same dumb ******* that changed the sport for the 'better'. As for Nicoll, why not?? Has anyone seen the Numar round they did have of the worl champs there this year?? when i say anyone i mean anyone in america. I saw it last week and it was an Awesome track, but some of those drop offs were HUGE, never sen a track like it before, should be something GREAT to see if at all we get it here in New Zealand, and to see how close the fans can get, nothing could be better than what they have going on there at that track, a cafe' right next to the race track!!

Sierra Flash

Dec 29, 2000
On Brown and Langston

Then there is also the possibility that these 2 are actually BETTER riders than RC. I wouldn't say that would be too far from the truth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If they can find that 3 to 5 seconds a lap gap they might get close to RC!

But you multiply that by 12 laps it don't look too good......

biker

Sep 22, 2000
What would be his reasoning for not wanting it to be televised in the U.S.? Wouldn't that be another way to generate money, or am I missing something here?

OZ_dirtrider

Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by osheen
Does anyone know when was the last time a Honda won a national or SX event, let alone a title?

I do believe Tortelli won the outdoors last year or the year before?

And a certain J.McGarth back in 96 who Honda backed when Kawasaki failed to pick him up and instead made Emig their No.1?
McGarth would still be a Honda rider if they let him have his way.

J:confused:

Top Bottom