grackle

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 2, 2003
Anyone have any experience with the Moto Jack Rack.  I'm thinking about getting myself a receiver hitch bike hauler, and my choices are down to the Moto Jack Rack http://www.motojackrack.com/ , and the Ready-2-Ride Moto-X-Carrier http://www.ready-2-ride.com/Webpages/navpro-carrier.htm.

My main questions about the moto jack rack is how stable the bike is, does it scratch up your frame and is their a way to lock it in the up position in case the hydraulic jack fails. 

Any info would be appreciated.

kev_rm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
Definate thumbs up.

The bike is very stable as long as you engage the bolt that takes the slack out of the receiver. If not, it just wags around a bit, no big deal.

The unit does positively lock in the up position with a through-bolt.

It won't scratch your frame at all, period, there are 1/4" rubber mats on the surface spars.

The only problem I've had with mine is a bad jack seal which is easily fixable and only slightly annoying.

The units are pretty beefy, I don't think you can go wrong.

jns

Jan 20, 2003
I really like mine,too.On the pins that go through the footpegs,I had threads put on so I can bolt it up from the bottom as a back-up.I'm also going to put grade 8 bolts in.After I got mine,I saw a place that sold them with free shipping.Damn!You'll have to check around.Good luck.

SCHLAVA

Jan 12, 2001
I just got mine two weeks ago. Its awsome. It doesn't sway at all due to a bolt that presses into the hitch so it doesn't move. It doesn't scratch the frame due to pads the have glued down on the carrier. It is real easy to mount the bike to and I have no worries at all when driving.

kev_rm

~SPONSOR~
Jun 7, 2002
The best "feature" is that while your buddies are still strapping their bikes down, you're well on your way home (or to the pub, mistress, or whatever you do when you're done riding) - it takes about 30 seconds to do the whole thing.

gixer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2001
Well I hope these are new designs because I have herd that the top of the jack that acutally pushes up had at some points pushed threw or ripped the metal where it is pushing on. I saw a few also. I dont know really how to explain it but the top of the jack where it hits the metal to raise the bike was the weak spot.
Steven

markymark77

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 4, 2002
:silly: Well I hope some less expensive clone versions come out. Id buy one right now if it was $100 less.

I checked out Bobs Cycle and MX South via the web and neither of them list this product. Who does sell this thing anyway? I dont wanna pay suggested retail if someone has it cheaper. :think:

Last edited:

TPbeMe

Dec 2, 2000
I've been using a MotoJackRack for going on three years now and have no complaints. It's easy to use; has allowed me to keep my ARE fiberglass bed cover (which I use as a giant trunk); and it's built like a brick outhouse! As for where to purchase... You can do a search on www.google.com and find MJR's address, or you can contact Jeff at MX South--he got mine for me. As well, MJR makes a standard weight model and a heavy-duty model (for a little extra). I went with the heavy-duty and have never regretted it. Nevertheless, all it takes--with any hitch-mounted rack--is some idiot with a cell phone to forget to use his/her brakes in time, then it's bye-bye dirtbike!

TP

Top Bottom