motocross etc. specific health insurance????

flattie

May 19, 2005
recently i sufferd two broken ribs and a puntured lung as a result of a dirt bike wreck. dummy me had no health insurance and am now stuck with a large medical bill. i plan on returning to racing as soon as i'm heathly enough. my problem is finding health insurance that will cover motocross related injuries. i found one such organazation "tonik" but the do not cover my state (arkansas) i need some help finding such a company. and this may be an eye opener to some of u folks but many insurnace companys wont pay for motocycle or other extreme sports injuries. so please check with ur company and find out before ur stuck with a 30,000 bill like me.....

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
Ok if you get insurance for raceing make sure it covers practice. A girl at my moms work her sons best friend was riding at budds creek during practice crashed over a double now is a quadrapolic(sorry for the spelling) and now he cant afford medical bills because the insurance he spent so much money on doesnt cover practice. Its such a sad story he had his whole life ahead of him now he cant even take care of himself. I feel so bad for him but these risks come with our sports just like risks in other sports.
Matt 193

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Medical/Health insurance aside, my disability policy specifically does not cover "driving any motor vehicle in a race, stunt show or speed test." It also does not cover injury resulting from sky diving or trying to commit suicide or injuring myself intentionally. "whether you are sane or not" is actually written in the policy.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
medwaste said:
Medical/Health insurance aside, my disability policy specifically does not cover "driving any motor vehicle in a race, stunt show or speed test." It also does not cover injury resulting from sky diving or trying to commit suicide or injuring myself intentionally. "whether you are sane or not" is actually written in the policy.

my life insurance policy at work is that way.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I was just riding my "Mountain Bike"............ Dirt, berms, jumps.....easy to keep the story straight............

Top Bottom