bigtim6656

Apr 23, 2007
i am getting a new bike i am 6 5 350 pounds ya i know i am big for dirt bikes
i am thinking a 450 due to my size

i plan to do most trail ride nothing to rough for a few years till i get use to the bike
t i also wont to hit some tracks a little and run just open flat areas as hat is a lot of what is here in indiana where i am at

i was told that with my size i should go for a motocross bike because of the stiffer susp. is this truth

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The stiffer suspension of the MX bike is still nowhere near enough for a 350 lb'er.
Whatever you get will still require that you replace the springs, probably with the heaviest available.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
speaking as a fellow (former)350lber. Contact Jeremy at MX-tech. He set up my 500 for me and it was damn near perfect. I ride a 450r now and it's plenty of bike.
If you intend to trail ride get the 450x If you intend to MX get the R. As Okie says you'll need to (at a minimum) get the proper springs front and rear for your size with whichever bike you decide on.
Take the time to talk to someone who actually knows something about suspension. Not a friend of a friend of a friend who thinks maybe a suspension on bike a is stiffer.

PK

Top Bottom