Mar 16, 2007
does anyone remember that magazine motocross journal? I dont think they make it anymore but I was digging through the garage and I found the volume 1 issue 1 of this magazine. I had put it in a ziplock bag and the thing looks brand new. perfect condition. Think its worth much? Even if it is I plan on holding on to it. I also found an old autographed picture from erik kehoe. worht much at all? im also holding on to that as well. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Hey come on now guys you are doubting VD?! The guy is a legendary Vintage Dirt expert!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Patman said:
Hey come on now guys you are doubting VD?! The guy is a legendary Vintage Dirt expert!

... and the foremost expert on Vintage motorcycle magazine speculation. :cool:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
VD's the man. :cool: :cool:

Hey VD. I have the 1st copy of Motorcycle Weekly and possibly the 1st copy of Cycle News, (I'll have to look for that one.) Whadda ya think those are worth???

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
and possibly the 1st copy of Cycle News,

.... is that the one printed on the stone tablet with Carol Resweber on the cover? :whoa:

gary_track_1965.jpg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
.... is that the one printed on the stone tablet with Carol Resweber on the cover? :whoa:

gary_track_1965.jpg

OH, CRAP! :ohmy: Now, I really feel old.

Awesome photo Rich. Those guys were my heros when I first started racing. Never rode with Resweber or Markel,#1, but I did get the opportunity to tune for Gary Nixon, #64 When I worked for the Triumph team in the 70's. Gary is still racing by the way.

Number 64 could also be Dick Mann or Dick Hammer. I think they both had that number at one time and the style looks like Hammer. Dick (Buggsy) Mann also rode on the BSA side of the Triumph/BSA team during that time.

I can remember watching Black Bart Markel at Ascot Park in Gardena California on his Harley. He would run it into the corners on the half mile about 10 mph faster than anybody else, dragging his engine cases and then pick it up about 5 feet from the wall. He knew how to make the straight-away longer than it actually was.

Those were the days of iron men and wooden motorcycles. :worship:

Last edited:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
I think you guys should quit your day jobs and take up stand up comedy :laugh:

In my case it would have to be sit down comedy. :whoa:

Top Bottom