ddb2

Jan 27, 2006
Hey I'm going down to Georgia for a little over a week and was wondering if anyone knows of any good tracks in south Carolina, north Carolina and Georgia. I will be staying in Cairo for less then a week so I'm looking for local tracks there also, maybe nothing over 2 and a half hours away. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm taking I-95 down so I'm looking for some tracks also maybe less then 3 hours off on my way down. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Tunnel hill has been going through a lot of renovations as of late, but it is no where near Cairo. In fact, it is about half an hour from Chattanooga, TN, right off of I-75 unfortunately, I don't know much about the south GA tracks.

ddb2

Jan 27, 2006
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I actually found motocrosstracks.net just yesterday so thank you for that also. Man some of the tracks you guys have down there are simply amazing. I will probably be going back in late april because the are so much better then the ones here in ontario canada.

Spine_Thrust

Oct 3, 2003
Aonia Pass and Durhamtown Plantation are two absolutely awesome tracks in GA. Aonia boasts some of the best conditions around and Durhamtown has A LOT of everything...tracks...trails...huge jumps...you name it. I like them both.

If your skill level is advanced, I would go to Durhamtown for the user friendly track. If I were highly advanced I would like Aonia better for that track is a little more difficult.

ddb2

Jan 27, 2006
Man, I was checking out the tracks in Georgia and I think I might want to move down there :) The tracks are simply amazing!!! Yeah i will try to go to aonia, I'll probably spend two days there since they have a supercross track and motocross. We don't really have anything either to practice on here.

My goal is to hit a track a day, so i'll try to get you guys some pictures or videos when I get back. Thats if I get things working.

Vampyrz

Oct 21, 2004
There is a track very close to Cairo-
FastracMX

Also, Millsaps Training Facility is based in Cairo. You might want to sign up for a riding camp-
Millsaps

There is a track northwest of Cairo, not too far-
Coyote Run MX

We watch races at Fastrac occasionally. They just lost a Court of Appeals case in which some neighbors (all built close to the track years after the track opened) are attempting to close Fastrac permanently. They're already been ticked twice for excessive noise, so who's to say what the outcome will be.

If you really do stay in Cairo, I live about 15 miles away. I don't ride mx tracks, but ride in a 500,000 acre National Forest just outside of Tallahassee, Fla.- very close by. If you're interested give me a shout and I'd be glad to take you down there to ride. Lots of jeep trails, single track, and a large sand pit to ride in. You won't have any trouble keeping up, and it's a beautiful place to ride.

Top Bottom