Motoland IN, or a Chicagoland ride Weds?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i am looking to ride on wednesday afternoon this wednesday (sept 1st i think).

let me know whats up!

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
Me and a friend were thinking of Motoland, this Thursday. But it looks like it is closed on Thursday.

Anybody confirm that?

Probably hit Buffalo range if it is closed.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i think motoland is only open weds.

Buffalo could work.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
wanted to plan a weekend there but the website says open sundays only now????

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
I am not sure if buffalo is open on thursdays now we are into september, i am gonna call. What about Valparaiso on thursday if not.

Ellandoh, you wanna hit motoland this sunday????

everyone else, come on guys, setup to the plate......i hear a lot of noise on these forums, but no one ever seems to be riding.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
the recorded message says Buffalo is open this thursday.

i am thinking of working till noon and getting to the track around 2pm.

so who is going where???? i dont want to ride on my own.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
bclapham, we are definitely going Thursday to BR. Will be there at Noon. Couple of woods guys, but will do some laps on the track just to remind us of how old we are.

Green Caravan, KTM and a CR250.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
OK,i should be there by around 2pm, in a red tacoma and i will be on a RM250, #372.

if for any reason they arent open, we can shoot accross to Fox Valley.

slammins10

Aug 31, 2005
i noticed you guys are riding around indiana im in southwest indiana down in evansville i have been looking for some riding buddies or just some tracks around my area any suggestions?

Thanks
Nick

jsned

~SPONSOR~
May 17, 2000
My buddy got a hold of the owner of Sunset Ridge late Wednesday. The guy told us we were welcome to come out and ride Thursday, but he wouldnt groom the track becuause it is closed usually on Thursday. At first I was against it but it turned out simply amazing.

We had the track to ourselves, 2 of us. Had a flat, the owner gave me a tube, let me use his tools, (because we forget our box), the weather was perfect. Told us we could ride till dark. The owner couldnt have been any nicer.

Sorry, about the change, I hope no one was expecting us. I usually dont do that but my buddy was really wanting to go there.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
jsned said:
I hope no one was expecting us..

wasnt that the purpose of this thread? i wasted $50 in gas, and half a vacation day to go to buffalo becase i thought i had someone to ride with. There was no one else there, i couldnt ride since had i fallen, i would have laid there until the owner came to lock the gates. i thought flakiness was a california thing, but i guess not.

bpositive

Jul 11, 2005
except for race weekends motoland will only be open on sunday :( this weekend 9-10 is ama so it's open 8-2 on sat for practice then 8-? for race day on sunday.,. free camping )

if you have never been there your missing out ... it is 1 bad ass 2 mile track

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Kingsbury, just off route 35, about 10 miles south of I-94

bpositive

Jul 11, 2005
here you go : from Evansville In
41n-106miles,
I70e-34 miles
231n--65miles
43n--22miles
421n-54miles
6 east to 35n --as soon as you turn onto 39n you will see on your right the entrence to the Kingsbury Industrial park ..Turn in there.. about 2 miles ( second rd on your right) you will see the sign for motoland ... turn there 2 or 3 miles you will see the track on your right....

srx700

Sep 10, 2005
Does any one ride at Joliet Motosport park? The front track is awesome and they have been working on the back track...Its awesome also. By the way Motoland gets my " Track of the year" award

srx700

Sep 10, 2005
The front track is stadium arena cross, about 3/4 of a mile with some really nasty whoop sections and a ton of make it or break it jumps. The back track is a motocross track just over a mile ish. Excellent fourth gear pinned jumps, big table tops and a step up that shoots you to the moon. Both tracks are a blast

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…