SL99

Jun 18, 2000
I can get up 4,000 veritcal feet and back down the other side. I found that out when I ran a half marathon 2 weeks ago. The last mile killed me because I was so beat. What was I thinking? I must have been phycologically misplaced when I made the decision to do a 13 mile race up and down a mountian without my dirtbike! I think I'll ride it to the last mile next year and run the rest!:p

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
you're nuts!

Silly girl, that's what they invented dirt bikes for!

I am truly impressed at your stamina. There's no way I'd be able to do a fraction of that race. Congratulations.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Hey, sounds like you are ready to run the Immogene Pass run here in Colorado. Start in Uray and run over Immogene pass to Telluride. 11 miles up, 5,000 vertical feet and 7 miles down. I have done it twice. I have also ridden it on my motorcycle once. Both are very exhilerating. I will do it with you next year if you want. It is in September and you have to be registered by May. Let me know.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Running! :scream:

I'll stick to things with wheels. Mountain biking is bad enough - every time I run out of pedal power on the steep uphill, I twist the throttle and all it does is shift me into a higher gear and I come to a STOP!! And who came up with the idea that the rear brake on a mountain bike is on the right side - I have to keep reminding myself that the brakes are backwards.

SL99

Jun 18, 2000
Thanks girlrider,

but I think I'll stick to the motor on anything over 6 miles now. If I'm ever down that way, I'll purposly forget my running shoes and you'll just have to show me the trail on the dirtbikes. ;)

Top Bottom