Motorcycle-brokers in Canada? Are the Canadian/Euro bikes the same as USA models?

redlines

Sep 14, 2004
I am thinking of buying a 05 CRF 450 from Motorcycle-brokers in Canada. Do the Canadian and Euro model bikes have the same carb jetting specs and same suspension/spring settings as the USA bike? Are there any differences AT ALL between a USA spec bike and a Canadian/Euro CRF 450? Is there a difference between a Canadian and Euro CRF 450? Will the USA CRF 450 have the same microfiche part numbers as the Canadian bike? I know they aren't eligible for contingency because they have a different VIN number than the USA bikes. Also I think they will let you choose between a Canadian and Euro CRF if they have them both in stock. Sorry for all the questions and I didn't know what forum to post this in. Thanks for all the help this site is real helpful.

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
I believe that all their bikes are Canadian-spec. Nothing on their web page says anything about Euro-spec bikes. As for part numbers, yes, they should all be the same. The only difference between US and Canuck-spec bikes is generally the OE tires, although some of the KTM models are dual-purpose bikes in Canada while they are offroad-only in the USA.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Our Suzuki's come with "rest of the world" jetting instead of US specs. Pretty easy to change it to US specs though as they note what the specs are in the manual. Don't know about the Honda's.

redlines

Sep 14, 2004
I called and talked to them and they are the ones that told me about the Canadian or Euro bikes. They have no idea about the Jetting specs and as the previous poster said the Suzukis come with different jets so I figured the Hondas will as well plus maybe even the suspension settings/springs might be different for the Euro spec bikes since they have more high speed tracks over there. Wish I could ask Hondas Eric Crippa he would know for sure. Thanks

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
My guess is the bike will be identical except for possibly the jetting and tires, those are the only two things I have ever heard of being different between any bikes we get and the USA models. If you own the 04 CRF listed in your profile check the carb section of the manual and see if it mentions two different specs ie USA and Rest of world, that is how it appears in our Zook manuals.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
regarding the Canadian model...

I bought an '03 in the spring of '03

I don't know about the jetting...it seemed similar to other "US" Hondas i've bought (meaning that it was way too rich, especially on the pilot).

The tires were Dunlop 755s, which are in my opinion way better than the usual 695/490 junk that used to come on the US models.

The ID tag is a sticker instead of metal

The owners manual is in about 5 languages and is way thick!

Other than that, the other main difference I noticed was that the bike (which had never been started) was about a grand cheaper than some dealers...

redlines

Sep 14, 2004
I called american Honda who contacted one of the Motocross Magazines to get some answers. What they told me was that the Canadian model has a more restrictive muffler and might have two coils to help prevent backfires. It also has different tires. They said there is probably more differences like the carb but this is all they can say for sure and you would have to match up both microfiches to know what else is different. They said the reason for the above differences is that Canada Departement of Forestry has stricter regulations and required Honda to do this. Kinda makes no sense since its a competition model but even more so the fact that Canada has legal two stroke street bikes that the USA can only dream of getting. So bottom line there are some differences.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sometimes there are differences in spring rates and valving, i was surprised to find the euro spec YZ has stiffer springs than the US version.Also the euro version yz has on some models had progressive rear springs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom