ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
some of that is going to depend on where you live. Maybe google texas jobs and they should have data on that type of stuff on some websites. I wouldn't expect to make anymore then a car mechanic in your neighborhood, and probably a little less.

I am sure it is a good job for many people(who have a passion for it), but if you are looking to get rich, I would not pick it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Do you plan to work for a dealership or on your own? There are reasons you see a lot of small independent repair shops.

A good job is a pretty broad question. In the current economy I'd venture any job is a good job. Then again there are plenty of folks that would be find sitting at home no matter what. Do you enjoy fixing things? Do you enjoy working with your hands? Do you have dreams of living large? What is more important job satisfaction or money? Do a search here on DRN this topic has been covered a few times in greater detail with some awesome answers.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
ericz103 said:
....... but if you are looking to get rich, I would not pick it.

:nod: Pay is usually pretty poor from a typical employer. I assume that factory mechanics for the stars do reasonably well (although I haven't seen their tax return :whoa: ).

If you can wrangle your own (successful) shop and a reality TV show ... then there's $$$.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
Definitely listen to people on this, due to my thread ^ they helped me change my career path, and I am very satisfied with it. In my opinion it can be worth it, it just depends how far you want to go with this career.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Not sure about the motorcycle industry, but the auto industry usually pays a tech a flat rate per hour of production. Some guys do 30 hours a week, some do 70+. The guys who know their **** and focus on work can do very well. Those who stop to text thier buddies and come in hung over and slow or slack off alot don't do very well. I wish all industries paid like mine..........

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You'll have to work very hard for it. As long as you understand that and can get yourself motivated you'll probly do fine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom