Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Motorcycles On Speed TV 1/3/04

racerx

January 2, 2003

Four New Motorcycle TV Shows Debut on Spike Tomorrow

It looks like Spike TV, America's First Network for Men, is also becoming one of America's first networks for motorcycling. Four new shows are set to debut tomorrow, January 3rd.

First comes Inside Motorcycling presented by Parts Unlimited, which debuts at 10 a.m. (PST and EST). This week's opening show will include comments from GNCC star Rodney Smith, a profile on Chad Reed, and a fun "tour" of Grant Langston's gear bag by the man himself.

Next up is the Reality of Speed at 10:30 a.m. EST and PST. This is a new reality show that follows the Samsung Radioshack Yamaha Supercross Team through a season of ups and downs.

Then comes the new MotoWorld, making its debut on Spike with a new format at 11:30 a.m. EST and PST. For its 20th season, MW is scrapping the old desk-and-tie news format for a more feature-driven show.

And finally, there's Top Dead Center, which will air this weekend at 12 p.m. EST and PST. This new show will cover all aspects of motorcycling.

And don't forget to get your racing fix on some other networks on Sunday. The GNCC series continues on Speed Channel from 4 - 6 p.m. EST. And the big show is ABC's coverage of the Anaheim AMA SX opener, which begins at 4 p.m.

So buy a six-pack of VHS tapes and some eye drops, and get ready for a packed weekend of two-wheeled TV.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I assume you mean "Spike" TV, not "Speed". I looks like I missed out on the first ones already. :(

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by XRpredator
and I'm at work :debil:

Do ya want us to fire up the whaaaaambulance? :eek:

Oh wait. Never mind, you have the keys. :confused: :laugh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think Spike is SPKE or something on DTV? It's close to TNN in the guide.

andy27414

Jan 30, 2003
Jerry Bernardo ruined Motoworld. The one mc news show been going for twenty years and they turn it into another street cruiser lifestyle show. Horrible!

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
Maybe it's just me I thought Inside Motorcyle was a Parts Unlimited infomercial at the beginning. The MX Team/Nascar thing was interesting. At least the MX part was. The kids didn't seem to with it in the brain dept. couldn't remember 3 things. The the track, the clock and yourself. ah, they're just kids :confused:

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
I like Bernardo too, BUT, they really did ruin Motoworld, it even has a reality TV part  in it now. What's up with that? Now where do we get racing results from as far as on TV? Two of the other shows had Harley project  bikes on them, and the first show was a Parts Unlimited commercial. Imagine that, since they funded the show. I wonder if they will show any riders on it that they don't sponsor. All in all I was really disappointed in the four shows, but it's early so here's hoping they improve and at least there's more motorcycle shows on the tube.

HomeMadeSin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2001
Damn, missed it. I saw the last episode of MW on Speed, and knew they were switching to Spike. I was cleaning the bike in the garage, but had football on all day.

I really can't stand that Bernardo character. Maybe I'm too old, but I don't care for a smartass talk show host. But I thought the desk and tie was a bit bland also.

I know there have been other posts on this subject, but what is ESPN's problem? I was surfing the line-up after learning about MW move, and there was the World Championship Poker Tournament on one of the ESPN channels. Is Clear Channel or whomever charging that much for the programming or did the head of ESPN get teased by a motohead and is getting his revenge? WTF?

Top Bottom