motosport.com

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
this morning i order a shoei vfx-r helmet for 350$ wich i seen an add for in the january 2003 dirtrider mag. I think awseome that 70 cheaper than what i just paid for it so ill take this one back today and order it!! so i get online "cool, they must still have some cause its on the front page!" the order goes through fine i get the confirmation in my mailbox so what do i do? i take back the one i bought from the store(at discount price, wich is now over so i cant go back and say ohh i want it with the 20% discount(instead of $420 its now $526!)) come home get on drn check mail and goto school i get home from school and guess what. you've got mail........

"Sorry, but we are out of the helmet that you ordered and we cannot get anymore. Please call me as soon as possible so we can get you a different helmet. Thanks." :uh:

WTF - that makes me really mad and ontop of that no helmet and have to spring for the full retail price (an extra 105$) or go without
i will call them tomorrow to see if we can work this out & will let ya'll know the outcome! :| thanks for listenin to my little RANT :(

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
Limitless, consider it a blessing in disguise.. You can get the Shoei VFX-R helmets for cheap (in some cases, WAY cheaper than $350) on ebay lately! Which one in particular were you looking for, in what size?

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
tryxstar tc-5 in medium....i dont think i will be doing anymore business with them! thanks for the info cam!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I had great luck with rocky mountain atv again.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
so you're the guy always holding up the return line.

you bought a helmet then shopped around. you found a better deal but ended up screwing yourself. :think:

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
mx547
1. My mom bought it for me for x-mas and then I shopped around to get her a better price! (Sorry, I have the tendency to say "I" & I didn’t think it mattered who bought it)

2. The special was only for 2 days (at the dealer) & she wouldn’t have been able to get it the next day & she knew I wanted it.

3. The add doesn't say, “while supply’s last” or “limited time only”, so I feel they've falsely advertised their product or at least the availability of the product. (This isn't the first time, as stated by alphado)

4. I also feel they shouldn’t have waited until 11:00pm to send the E-mail. (If it had been say 2:00pm, I could have had my mom buy it again at the same price)

5. I think that they should not have allowed the order to go through if they didn’t have the product and could not get anymore.

Maybe I should have called & made the order, well, lesson learned. Either way they are at the very least somewhat responsible and I consider it bad business on their part. And I don’t appreciate you telling me I screwed myself. If you had something negative (towards me) to add I would have preferred you PM me your message instead of posting it for all to see, I wouldn’t do that to you. Well, maybe if your post was absolutely ludicrous (like the guy who said he shoots at bike riders that are loud)!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
you're story sounds a little better now that you've detailed it. nothing personal at all involved here. one warning though, if you flame, expect to get flamed.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
"A bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush".  unknown author.

sigar

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2000
I've had good luck with Motosportoutlet. But, I do find the website to be useless. I've never ordered anything from the website. I always call in. They just took back a FMF Quiet Core silencer that I bought a month ago and had sitting in my garage, and then decided to sell the YZ125 I bought it for. They've got great prices and free shipping over $100. I'm also a big fan of RockymountainMC. Now, I love their website, tells you if it's in stock and rapidly updated. Everything I buy is from RockymountainMC, Motosport Outlet or Service Honda for OEM stuff.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
 :silly:

That's how things work. No supplier has an infinite supply of product. They buy up what they think they can sell, and hope like heck they sell out.

Of course, beings I do a lot of purchasing in my line of work, I am a little more used to the "sold out" situations, so I don't have a fit when it happens to me.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by BSWIFT
"A bird in the hand is better than a bird in the bush".&nbsp; unknown author.

A swift in the bush is better than a swift on a bike....... :p

Top Bottom