miggo

Nov 20, 2007
Hi all,

I just moved from Phoenix AZ to Norfolk VA and I am looking for local riding areas. I know I will have to drive a bit to get there bit there has to be someplace close enough for day rides? Local motorcycle shops here are not much help.

Thanks, Mike

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
There is very little in the way of trail riding out there unfortunately. I lived in the Richmond area, but traveled to tidewater very often out there. Your best bet will be to go down to NC.

Steve450

Nov 20, 2007
I live in Norfolk and just got a bike. My girlfriend lives in Charlottesville and wants to get a bike. I'm sure there are places to ride up there. I know I've been offroading up there before.

Where in Norfolk do you live? You in the military?

Steve

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
there are places that I know of in henrico county VA, just tell me if you are up for the drive here, I know tons of hidden trails and secret places to ride, the best one is the lost city of elko tract, research it and I will tell you your way around there, there are also trails that lead to it. Oh, and if you do try to ride it, watch out for security guards, I forgot to tell you that it is an old replica airport used in WW2, they used it so if the enemys bombed richmond, they would bomb the fake thing. Also, henrico is in richmond VA. please reply

colt45

~SPONSOR~
Sep 10, 2007
If I remember correctly there is a place in VA its at someones house. He has like 2 tracks and he will let you ride there if you help him work on them and help keep them up. I can not remember for the life of me what it was called but I think it starts with an A. I will try to find it for you.

miggo

Nov 20, 2007
Thanks for the replies. I guess I am spoiled by the southwest. When I lived in Flagststaff I could ride my bike out of my driveway and be in the national forest, literally!

I am not in the physical condition I was 20 years ago so tracks are not going to work. I am a trail rider .... or I guess I used to be :(

kelso503

Nov 25, 2007
their is a offroad park called slades park in surry VA about 45 min. from norfolk. just google it! their is a few tracks within two hours or so but as far as trail riding your facing a long drive to get to anything good... I feel your pain i am from portland oregon and life was sweet up there, i was spoiled with an abundance of places to ride....

Perk

~SPONSOR~
Sep 17, 2001
I live in Charlottesville, and unfortunately there are no public spots in the area. There are a few spots in the national forest not too far from here. Within a 2 hour drive. If you know the right people, there are a lot of private spots in the Charlottesville area. Hare scrambles and motocross tracks. But you have to know the man. I just know the man that knows the man, one of those deals.

Slades park is nice if you like hare scrambles type riding. I used to race there years ago when it was part of the Virginia series.

TxCr250

Aug 24, 2006
Same story here, I just moved from Dallas Texas to Richmond VA. I've been to Slades and it was ok, I'm just spoiled to riding at Red River (2500 acres of land). Theres a guy named Greg Jones that lives off of Woodpecker in Colonial Heights that has a small four wheeler track and some trails on his land. Other than that the only place I've been able to find is in Dutch gap. Off of Jefferson Davis highway and I-95/route 10 (chesterfield) riding on the power lines and rail road tracks. I'll be honest I would love to meet up with some people to ride. My brother just got a CR250 and I have a CRF450x. The other people I know with bikes have had theirs "tagged" and they can ride on the street to any spot and hop off the road. I'm currently working on getting mine tagged but if any of you would like to get up for a weekend ride please post up here and I'll load up and meet you. Thanks!

Top Bottom