Moving to NJ

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
This stinks!!! :bang: ..well anyway,im probably movin to NJ in a couple of months and i wanna no what Motocross tracks they have there.The only track i no there is Englishtown and i hear its not all that good...Anywmore?

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
Oh nevermind...this io great...im prolly movin near Mt. Holly,in a town called like,pemberton or somethin..idk...but im gonna be like 30 mins from Chatsworth and it looks really nice :)

Utah Joe

Dec 6, 2004
Where in Jersey are you going? I actually like e-town's tracks. Nice jumps. Many table tops and step ups, not to many chances to come up short and plow into landing ramps. There is also Atco in south jersey and the ORV park in south jersey as well, I have not been to either though.

Utah Joe

Dec 6, 2004
sorry, did not see the next post. Check out atco and the orv park, I heard they are pretty cool

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
well,im movin to a town called "Riverside"..which isnt to far from NJORVP so ill be ridin there once or twice a week. Another question, when i look at there pictures,the track looks really sandy,is that true. Has anyone been here cause from what i see,the takeoff of the jumps looks like a landing compared to what ive been riding. Is this track nice and groomed?

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
expect sandy condtions, i haven't been there in a while but theres loose sand everywhere down there. Its still a good time to ride tho

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
There are more riding areas and tracks in NJ then on LI. You'll find the soil and conditions in southern NJ very similar to what you are use to on LI; lots of sand and few natural elevation changes. You'll be a short ride from PA, which has great off road trails. BTW, E-Town is a nice facility.

Cheer up, NJ might not be CA...but it's not so bad.

dklink2000

Damn Yankees
Feb 18, 2002
I'm pretty sure those woods in south jersey are watched by the man alot these days.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Chatsworth

My sons cut their moto-teeth at the NJORVP in Chatsworth. We rode there for 4 years in the mid-90's. The tracks then were sand/pebbles and when wet really sticks to the bikes. It was pretty dusty when dry. Lots of people ride there. It was OK but we drove about 2 hrs to get there every weekend. We were over on the Jersey shore. One thing you had to have was insurance on the bike for liability purposes then you paid the membership. Once you get there you can hook up with other riders to learn the private stuff. Jersey was not rider friendly on public land. Englishtown is a nice MX track. PA is close by and they have more to offer.

race-shop joe

Dec 22, 2004
englishtown will be the best place to ride if you like mx. the practice track and mx track are both great tracks.atco is a short track but has nice and easy jumps on it.the track at chatsworth is a little dangerous for me there because the last time i was there you always have to worry about landing on some one.all the trails out there are just like what i have in my backyard just alot smaller.i havent been there in a while but im going to go check it out again.blue diamonds in delaware is not far away and i hear its pretty nice too. ive been riding in my neck of the woods where we have more then enough trails and pits to hold me over until things warm up.

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
I'm a Jersey Boy also. Burlington City to be exact. there is a pretty good amout of legal and less than legal places to ride here. you cant be afraid to drive a little though. the town you are moving to (Riverside) is about 10 minutes away from me so DO NOT be afraid to look me up when you get here if you want someone to "show you around"
the guys in this thread are steering right.
I fully agree with rv6. while it may not be Cali. its not bad at all.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
yupp...its final,im movin to Riverside. I just cant wait to go to Chatsworth in March...every weedend

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
There are 2 great places to ride in PA, rousch creek and jack frost mountain. I live on LI and I drive there from here. Look on the brightside of living on NJ, you don't have to drive through or pay the tolls of NYC. E-town racetrack has a good track too.

meduce

Oct 1, 2005
Pine Barrens

I am from North Jersey, my buddies and i ride at a place called, "George's Place". I am not sure if that is really the name, but i think it is. It is off exit 74 of Parkway, and then off of I think rt.537 after the Wawa. Great riding there, trails, track and endless amount of land. Havent had too much with cops or anything. I dont know if i been lucky or they dont care. I hope this helps. :uh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…