Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I have an Alpine 9811 in my truck. It plays MP3 CD's. I have had problems with it since I got it. Does anyone else have one or even a deck that does MP3's

The problem. It chops my MP3 songs into about 50 tracks per song Plays regular CD's and CD-R converted to wav and burnt just fine.

I suppect its my CD burner, software or encoder software. I have been using winamp to encode them to MP3. An using Roxio to burn them on memorex CD-Rs. I have tried with a different machine, software and disk type. Same deal.

I got on the phone with Alpine tech support to ask some questions. They told me it was because I was using Joilet and that I should use ISO. I switched that setting Roxio. In the manual it says that I can't use track-at-once or packet writing. So I set it at ISO/Disk-at-once. I also have the less than eight directories including the root. Everytime I put the the CD (configured like above) in it shows Error after the diskread. At least it reads them in Joilet.

I've burned two of them with the same results. I'm stumped and pissed off Everything looks good with the CD when I read it from my CD-rom in my PC.

Anyone have any suggestions? If you have an Alpine MP3 or MP3 deck how are you burning CD's?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Dont have the answer but I do have the same problem with my Kenwood. Im just tagging along for a answer.

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
I have an Alpine MP3 player that I have Roxio burned CDs that play great. One problem with Roxio is you have to properly close Roxio correctly after the burn is complete or it will not play correctly. Put the CD in your computer and look to see if it says Data CD or Audio CD if it says Data CD then it wont play in your Car.

Good luck

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Downloaded Nero Express 6 and it makes them just fine. They play Great. I put 7 encoded CDs on one disk in different directories. I used the "make an MP3 CD" option in the software. I guess I will be uninstalling Roxio and buying Nero. Before I buy it I'm going to try to make on that has a lot more data on it and only one directory. If that works I will try making one that has more directories than the recomended 8 (including the root). I'm realy happy now. :yeehaw:

I was begining to think that it was my CD player and would have to send it back to Alpine for warrenty and end up without tunes for 6 weeks.

You might give this a try Jeff. BTW, I almost went with the Kenwood one. I like the idea that you can add the "music Keg" with it.

Top Bottom