Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Fredette asked me to let you know he'll be at the "Numb Bumb" this weekend.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
CDave - We need to get a team together and race the Numb Bumb one of these years.

Woods

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Hey, if any of you guy's go to this race, try to get some pics of Jeff on the KDX in racing form. Its kinda hard to get any KDX racing pics anymore these days.:)

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
Teton, I don't know about this year, but I think Jeff rode a RM last year doing some testing for Suzuki :(

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Last year JeffFredette, Scotty Parker, Mike Bell, Dic k Burleson and Kevin Schwantz rode a big bore DRZ400 in the Numb Bum. Its a 24 hour ice race that's been run in Alberta for a number of years. They were the Speed Vision team sponsored by a local Suzuki dealership, Moose ans SV.

Woods that's a heck of a good idea. Now all we need to do is convince Jeff to come ride with the slow guys LOL

I'm not sure who's on the team this year, I'll know tomarrow morning :)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Jeff was a last minute addition to the Dream Team last year. A week or two prior to the race they didn't have any ice tires. Seems the Ice Holes Team decided to field two bikes and scammed the set of tires the Dream Team was supposed to get. Jeff has a great reputation for building an excellent ice tire.

Dave, just say the word. I'm sure Jeff could hook us up with a set of tires. Maybe we could get MikeB to join us. Although the only ice he's familiar with is used for keeping beer cold. ;)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Hey mikeb,

don't let'em pile on you like that. I'm sure we could find a place to practice ice racing down here. Let's see, there's only two hockey rinks in town. Maybe we can sneak in there.

Oh well, how hard can it be? I know how to turn left. :confused:

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Timr
Oh well, how hard can it be? I know how to turn left. :confused:
The Numb Bum is a TT style course with left and right hand turns. Legend has it the snow plow driver drinks a case of Labatt's then attempts to drive in a straight line across the lake. Ya' gotta watch out for open breaks too, eh?

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Man that would be cool! We didn't get on the ice at all this year. By the time it would get thick enough it would melt. Still may be hope but I doubt it.

It gets rough but no rougher that a rutted trail.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Just got back from the race and talking to Jeff. What a great guy. This years race uses a 15km loop, last year was 17km. Jeff's not down with SV this year, he just liked it so much last year he came up and joined a local team.

There is a class for 200 cc bikes and Jeff sounded like he'd like to try it next year on a grean bike. :eek:

David

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
ICE .. The only Ice I am familiar with is in the cooler to keep the beer cold .. And last time I broke the cooler trying to ride the KDX in there.

Hey Timr .. We could team up and ride as the "Wild Eyed Suthern Boys" YEEEHAAA :p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Mikeb - At the '99 Red Bud Nat'l MX I saw this guy, after consuming several beers and shots of tequilla, perform a back flip into a cooler. Never saw anyone try to race in a cooler though. Did the medics have to carry you away too? :scream:

Top Bottom