MSR Dominator Grip Lever Sets - HELP!!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I am having a problem. I wanted to see if anyone else has come across this before I talk (again) to MSR.

Has anyone ever ordered the Wirtz MSR Dominator (aluminum) Grip Levers Set for a 99' KDX 200? I have had the shop order several sets for me as well as ordering a set myself from Rocky Mountain.

What shows up is wrong. The hole for the spring on the brake lever is in the wrong location. If I get the chance I will post a pic of the lever next to the correct lever for a visual. The clutch lever looks OK.

Info on the label is:
Tucker Rocky P/N 341713 Biker's Choice
MSR WTZ LVRS W GRP KDX BLK
KDX 200/220 95-99

sounds like it should be right.

I really would like to get a set of these on my bike (99 KDX 200) but am not having much luck.:(

TWISTWRIST

Sponsoring Member
Oct 30, 1999
I have had the same problem and still have not found the correct levers although i did get a refund.MSR shows these levers as fitting the KDX,and as you know they do not.1993 and older kx levers are the same as kdx's.The brake lever you have recived is for newer kx models.If someone has an answer I would also like to hear it,as MSR has been of no help.

rmxr

Sep 6, 2000
MSR Dominator

I had this same problem a year ago with an RMX Suzuki. I thought at the time
it was a model year change for my bike but evidently not. I recall I was pretty steamed about it too. Every time I see those ads I remember the
non-fitting levers.

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
YES !

The clutch lever fits but the break lever in the KDX 95-01 package is for a Suzuki. (or at least it fit my fathers DR350). When I recieved it from Chapparel the package had been opened and stapled shut. I had assumed someone just stuck in the wrong lever. Apparently someone sent this pair back.

I bought 2 moose brake levers, (cause you won't break one if you have a spare) and used the clutch lever. Put the brake lever on my dads Suki. But good to know. I won't order another pair next time.

-MD

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Update

I sent an e-mail to Rocky Mountain and received a reply right back (nice).

They are going to investigate this with the supplier and are paying for the return shipping of what they sent me (as expected).

Top Bottom