firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Okay, I just got my new MSR Rage 2X women's gear. I LOVE IT.

Well, I haven't gone riding in it yet, but right out of the box it fits and feels great. The size is even one or two sizes smaller than what I wear in jeans! (Levis--9, Old Navy--7, LEI--11, Dickies--11). I ordered a size 7/8 and it fits over my knee braces and zips and buckles up without sucking my belly in. The pants are a lot higher quality than the first women's MSR pants I had (When they were yellow/gray/black). The fabric is heavy duty, there's all kinds of cool plastic logos all over it, and they are much thicker and heavier. The inside of the knees have this really thick woven Kevlar-looking stuff that hopefully shouldn't tear over my knee braces like all my other pants have.

I'm really pleased! Plus, it comes in silver/black/red, blue/black/silver, and that horrid hot pink. So at least you have a choice. And $77 for the pants, $27 for the jersey, (MX South prices), you can't beat that!

Seriously, I would recommend them. There is nothing about them that screams "CHICK GEAR" yet they fit well and feel durable.

Time will tell, of course. I'm almost as hard on gear as I am on fenders and levers. (note to self: stay on the bike)

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
Thanks for the feedback! Especially the sizing info.

My wife is ready to step out of her mens fox 360 pants, she lost a lot of , wel, not lot, that don't matter...but gained a lot of muscle and looks great, and these pants are sliding off her. She's been hinting new pants are in order..
I'm so lucky, she looks like Michelle Pheiffer, and thinks like Margaret Thatcher (which is a lot better that the other way around!) :yikes:

First time I read you last sentence, I heared " I'm almost as hard on gear as I am on fenders and lovers" :ohmy:

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
Glad to hear that you like your new Rage Gear. I have sworn by MSR and was wondering about the girls gear. It seems that everything I have with MSR written on it is first class and I would have recommended it to any girl who asked. Let us know how durable it is. As for my System X stuff I don't think there is any better!

4StrokeChicky

Mar 26, 2004
No doubt....The girls MSR gear is great quality. The fit was just too low waisted for me. And the shirt fit really odd. But, what is the deal with girls not wanting to look like they are in chick gear??? Aren't we Chicks???? I don't want to be looking like some guy out there. I want them to know when I am riding that a girl is spanking them :laugh:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I may have to check out this new MSR gear. I like the option of not having to buy that pink crap. Thanks for the review FC! :cool:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
G. Gearloose said:
First time I read you last sentence, I heared " I'm almost as hard on gear as I am on fenders and lovers" :ohmy:

Well, that too. :rotfl:

Miraculously, the current one still likes me after I made him ride a 1978 DT 400 in the desert . . . :debil:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That's really good to know. Phil was going to surprise me with that gear when it first came out, but wasn't sure of the quality or fit. I'll hint to him some more...my b-day is in 11 days.....:)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Ok, I got my MSR Rage 2X gear today, and tried it on.

I ordered a size M Jersey, size 8 pants, and size SM gloves. The jersey is great-- first time I have a jersey that doesn't hang down to my knees!
Gloves are a bit small-- I should have gone with a Medium on these, but I think I'll manage.
The pants are what they call a "relaxed" fit. And boy are they relaxed! I probably could have gotten away with a 6, but better too big than too small. There is plenty of room in the hips, thighs and knees. This is my first pair of women's gear, so I'm probably just so used to the men's cut of riding gear. Of course, I'm also a child of the 80's, where if you didn't need a coat hanger to pull the zipper up on your jeans, then they were too big! :laugh:
There's also a bit of elastic sewn into the waistband on each side, just in case you under-estimate your size. But I'd say they are pretty close to the standard women's sizes.

I don't get all the rubber on the pants, though. Some logos, ok. But there is a big rubber patch right at the small of my back-- not sure what that is for except to trap sweat.

So far, looks good. I'm happy. A couple rides in the woods and rocks will put them to the real test, though! ;)

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Are there any bigger girls out there that have tried this gear? I am thinking about gettin a set. I am a size 16 or like 38''/39'' in pants. The size 13/14 pants are supposed to have a 38'' waist, so im not worried, but im thinkin about the jersey. They only go to Large, and i am a 36 absolute C, but im 16 and sure im not done growing yet. Also, i am 5'7'' and i was wonderin if the jerseys are for petite women.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
The sleeves are plenty long--I'm 5'7" and kinda long armed and the jersey fits great. If you want a bigger jersey, you could order a guys' jersey--the regular Rage gear comes in the same colors and in fact the same design, or close, anyway. Same with gloves. I didn't get the matching gloves as I'm kinda stuck on the ones I have--Acerbis has the BEST gloves ever.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Ok, update time!

Pants fit and wear great. My only complaint is that the waist is maybe a bit TOO loose--the back of the pants gaped open, allowing random pieces of dirt and stuff to fall in! Of course if you don't crash this isn't a problem, but I am not one of those people. Maybe if the waist had a hint more elastic to it, or the jersey was longer and stayed tucked in, it would be ok. I want to reiterate on the inner knee patches on the pants--very very tough!

I did rip the jersey but I can't really blame that on MSR, it was totally the tree's fault. Jersey felt light and comfy in the heat, definitely better than some of the thicker ones.

Quality stuff. I only wish it came in orange.

DanAKAL

May 3, 2003
FC22 and others,

Not sure how you would go about it. Maybe through Tucker Rocky or Malcolm Smith's web site but I bet that MSR would like to hear your reviews. You girls know what you are talking about and have plenty of experience with gear. It has been my experience with MSR that they are always open to feedback about their products. Heck the might even be reading this now.

Dan

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
I've been holding off on buying new gear simply b/c I'v had bad luck with anything fitting! Acerbis and LBZ were made to big in one way or the other (like falling off big or way to long). I've been eyeballing MSR's gear and after this report, I think I'll go visit my dealer this morning. Thanks for the report Sharla! What color did you get? I'm going for the black/silver - I'd like to go for blue but I just dont like blue and green together.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I got the black and silver. I already have 2 sets of blue gear. I can't believe you didn't like the Acerbis chick gear though--they are my favorite, except for the new color. Definitely order sizes a bit on the small--the 8 is huge on me, and in normal clothes, it'd be tight.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
I loved the acerbis Lady Impact (just the right amount of pink) but I ordered the smallest size and I was swimming in the pants and jersey - my husband thought they were cool too except he thought it looked they were falling off me. :(

ChaCha

Apr 20, 2004
Hey Sharla, how bouts a chick riding gear review....hmmmmm JK, your bike review was great. I posted a link to it on the TT women's forum too. There are a quite a few posts on what bike to get or what bike to get for the wife of Gfriend. Thanks again to you and LoriKTM.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
I cant wait to get my new gear in! I havnt gotten new gear since we started riding!

Sharla if you do a report on all the gear, let me if you want any feedback on the Acerbis and the LBZ gear.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hmm, well, if Lori wants to put it up in here, I'll do one. Definitely send me reports on gear you've had, as long as it was women's cut.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Dede

May 23, 2004
I love the idea if you girls do a gear report review. I know being a newbie I'm lost w/ what gear to get or boots or gloves and basically any of the equipment I should be wearing. There's so many different brands out there it's easy to end up buying bad stuff. I posted a thread a little while back saying about how I read an article that said the jersey & pants is basically just for looks. That left me confused to wonder if I really need to buy it then for trail riding. All I'm wearing now is a helmet,goggles,gloves (which are fingerless ones),workboots, and regular jeans plus t-shirt. If I should be wearing something else I would love to read reviews from real riders that have been through a few different brands and will be honest about what they think. That way it can cut down on wasted money on bad gear. I love the idea. :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Okie, get your mind out of the gutter.

Dede, I'll work on a gear review too. Pants and jersey are partially for looks, partially for comfort. They are designed to move with you, the jersey will vent better than a t-shirt or sweatshirt, and the pants will hold up to a lot more abuse than jeans will. But you DO need boots, and pronto! There is no replacement for the protection moto boots have. Workboots just aren't tough enough. Broken feet and ankles are extremely easy to get. Also, I would really advise not to skimp on price--maybe you might not need the $350 Alpinestars or Sidi top of the line boots, but there are plenty of midrange models. You can check out the different boots Sidi has at www.motonation.com. I have the Sidi Force boots, and think they awesome, but Alpinestars, Axo, Gaerne and Oxtar are really high end boots too. Just don't get the cheapest ones and don't get kid boots--they aren't strong enough either. Alpinestar makes a size 5 adult, I don't think many other companies go much smaller than 6.

Anyway, start shopping as soon as you can. You don't want to wrap your foot around your footpeg or smash it between your bike and a rock.

Dede

May 23, 2004
firecracker22; thanks for the feedback & the website. I'll have to check it out. At least now things are starting to make more sense (boots a must get). I'll start pricing them and if you don't mind when I've made a decision I'll just run it by you. I have a "motosport outlet" catalog that Alpinestars and Fox boots in it. I want a pair that's comfy for trail riding & when I get off my bike to walk around. There was a cool 100% waterproof pair of MSR ISDE pants for $134.99 that I was kinda thinking about (after I get boots). The other day when I was out on the trail it was lightly raining and I think they would have come in handy. Any comments on that particular pair?

dirtygrrrl

May 28, 2004
Which would you say is best? MSR or Acerbis?
I'm wearing a mx racer friends pants and jersey from when he was 13 and I think I'm going to lose it everytime those pants sneak back up to my armpits.
I was looking at the Fox gear also, but pink seems ummm girly.

Top Bottom