firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I don't know, the Acerbis pants come in pink now so they're girly too. They're a well-made pant though. Style wise I think I liked my blue Acerbis pants more but quality is close.

As for waterproof pants, I've never really put them too high on my list--unless it's a downpour, I usually don't get that wet. I guess they'd be kinda nice though. It doesn't rain very much where I live in WA, believe it or not.

dirtygrrrl

May 28, 2004
I don't care much about being waterproof. We don't usually ride in the rain, and I get so hot and sweaty in the trials that I look forward to any kind of moisture at all. Sunday I fell in some nasty mud and was so thankful for it.
I don't mind it being a little obvious that I'm a girl, I just don't want to be all pink. I do want to be a comfortable as possible.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
Acerbis' Lady Impact gear looks awesom! I ordered it and was imediatly impressed with the fabrics they used and the way they layed it out (tailored it) - they used all the right stuff for durability in the right spots and light weight, breathable in others (maybe just a tad too much on the rubber patches though). The downfall - they seem to make the gear about 2 sizes too big so I was swimming in the smallest size available. I wear a 2 or 4 Old Navy or a 5 Billabong and Unionbay so I ordered their 5/6 and it fit more like a 7/8 or 9/10 (somewhere in between). I think the gear would fit mor veluptuous girls really well. There was a lot of room in the chest/ shoulder area (to much for me in that area :( ) and waist/butt/thigh area. But sleeve and jersey length was good and I would say there was probably lots of room for knee braces too.

MSR and MX south are sold out of the RG2X pants! I'm bummed! I just learned that Thor's MX gear is now available to order through my dealer so I will go browze his cataglogue - although, I really dont like what I've seen of their lady's gear so far. Maybe there will be more options in the book.

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Dede, some other "must" gear that doesn't cost much is hard plastic knee guards and elbow guards - save those pointy parts. You need gloves with fingers too.
I have a pair of MSR Goretex pants that I wear when its cold and damp... which means winter in western OR. Also wore them everyday at the February Moonrocks ride in Reno. But mostly I wear an old pair of Thors which seem to fit me well.
Keep your eye out for sales, we have a dealer here who does a once a year blowout, plus they have a sale table pretty often.
-SusanP.
CRF250x

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Sarah, wanna trade? I have some blue/white Acerbis gear that is too small. It says 5/6 on it but it's way tight. I wear an 8 in old navy. Of course, you got the 5/6 so maybe that wouldn't work. :(

dirtygrrrl

May 28, 2004
About sizes:
I am a size 2 at Old Navy and usually take a 26" or 27" jean. Has anyone found gear that will fit that size? Just asking since people are saying that pants were falling off them. There are no dealers in town that ever have ladies gear in stock, so I can't try before I buy.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hmm, that's pretty small. Go to www.mxsouth.com and check through their gear to see who has a size 3/4. MSR, Fox, Acerbis, O'Neal are the big brands that make gear and www.sickracinggear.com and www.vixenoffroad.com are the "off brands" that make girls gear too. Good luck. I'd try the Vixen.

Are you short or tall? That would make a big difference in finding gear.

Biker2B

Jun 25, 2004
pyrofreak said:
Are there any bigger girls out there that have tried this gear? I am thinking about gettin a set. I am a size 16 or like 38''/39'' in pants. The size 13/14 pants are supposed to have a 38'' waist, so im not worried, but im thinkin about the jersey. They only go to Large, and i am a 36 absolute C, but im 16 and sure im not done growing yet. Also, i am 5'7'' and i was wonderin if the jerseys are for petite women.

**oops, double post, sorry**

Last edited:

Biker2B

Jun 25, 2004
pyrofreak said:
Are there any bigger girls out there that have tried this gear? I am thinking about gettin a set. I am a size 16 or like 38''/39'' in pants. The size 13/14 pants are supposed to have a 38'' waist, so im not worried, but im thinkin about the jersey. They only go to Large, and i am a 36 absolute C, but im 16 and sure im not done growing yet. Also, i am 5'7'' and i was wonderin if the jerseys are for petite women.

Pyro, I'm about the same size as you and was wondering if you picked up the MSR gear and what you thought of the waist sizing.Or what pants have you used before that felt like a good fit?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Okay after a few rides in the gear, I have a new suggestion: Buy the man's jersey! The ladies' is a bit too short on me and will not stay tucked in. The men's Rage jersey comes in the same exact colors and I think the style is darn near the same. A size medium won't be too big.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Thanks for the report Sharla!

I have the 2003 Fox 360 gear and I love it! But, out of my three sets of gear that is the only womens gear I have. I NEED to buy more womens gear, and I like the gear that looks semi-non-girly! Thanks for the sizing info too, that'll help a lot!

treasure1977

Jul 23, 2004
I am about a size 0-2 in normal clothing, and I bought msr size 28 pants and msr small jersey. They seem to fit good, not to tight or to big. I tried on lots of different brands and sizes. The msr fit the best. Have a wonderful day. :-P

Aug 4, 2004
Has anyone tried Thor Women's Gear? They have two new sets this year. One is navy/pink and the other is purple/orange :ohmy: . I need new gear and I'm not sure which brand to buy.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Here's my take: just judging from pictures alone, the Thor gear looks kinda thin--the pant legs look like the softer material they use, and I couldn't tell if it had the gnarly inner knee Kevlar or whatever patch that my MSR gear has. Plus, it has a lot of white in it, which is going to look like crap in a hurry. You can't get most mud stains out especially if you live somewhere with black or red mud. So even though I kind of like the purple/orange combo (hate pink but am ok with purple) I doubt I'll be bringing home any Thor gear.

The 05 MSR gear changed a little too--the normal blue changed to a powder blue and they put a lot more white in it. What is WITH this fad of white gear? It looks fine--before you ride!

Depending on your build and preferences, you don't HAVE to get chick gear. Some of it fits better than the mens gear but not all. I'd say go to MX South and check out their clearance items and see what you can find. I think they still have some red and blue Fox gear in a few sizes left, and the blue Acerbis gear from last year too. (That'd be my first choice). Plus it's discounted from newer gear.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
m3l007 said:
dont care ....
Who the hell are you?
Why are you here?
If you're so bored you can't do anything besides troll--and poorly, at that--then go out and RIDE, if you even have a bike.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
Some 05 gear coming out....

Thor:
http://www.motocrossgiant.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=Thor05-143

Fox:
http://lukaitisphoto.smugmug.com/photos/6757671-L.jpg

Answer:
http://www.answerracing.com/images/iongirljersey.jpg
http://www.answerracing.com/images/iongirlpant.jpg
http://www.answerracing.com/images/iongirlglove.jpg
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/archive/AnswerCHIX2.jpg

Acerbis:
http://www.acerbis.com/p000_advertising/advertisingarch_0104.html

I like fox's black/white gear and love the fact that they are making women's boots and helmets now!!! Thank you Fox! I like Fox but I've never liked the fact that everyone and their dog wears it! (Oh well, I guess that is not important.)

Acerbis looks the same - sweet gear as mentioned before. If you are taller than average and a minimum 5/6 or 7/8, it should fit great. (You have to like pink though.)

I wish Fall would hurry up and get here!!! I'm jonzen to ride - I dont ride when its a blaz'n 90 to 100 steady for months straight. Thank God for jetskies!

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Biker2B, no i havent tried any of the womens gear yet. I know the Fox mens gear fits big. A 38'' was big on me. I currently have a pair of Ocelot pnats size 38'' and they fit snuggly. A bit too snuggly than what i like in the hips and butt, but thats all person preference i guess. I plan to try some Moose and Thor gear, probably mens, but i will post as soon as i get a chance to get up to the dealer. If you happen to try any, let me know too please.

Biker2B

Jun 25, 2004
Yeah, I just got the women's MSR gear last week. I normally wear a size 16/18 and the size 14 fits well, plenty of room in the hips and thighs but a little snug in the waist. Nothing that I couldn't live with and I have a very large waist anyway after having 4 children back to back. :) so, it does seem to run almost 2 sizes too big.

Moto'n Mama

~SPONSOR~
Nov 14, 2003
I just orederd new MSR gear in the blue. I had ordered the Oneal womens gear but its been on back hold for so long now that I canceled it. They had a manufacturing problem - the maker accidently used an MAN's pattern when they were making the first batch! I got the jersey first and was like what the heck! Do they think woman are from the Amazon or something? But it sure is a pretty jersey!!! So I'm sad that I wont be waring Oneal this year! But at least I'm getting new gear finally and it should be here by middle of next week! I'm so exicited - cant wait!

Top Bottom