Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Snapped the pivot bolt on my OEM clutch perch, so I'm looking for a better than OEM perch/lever replacement. The Raptor claims to offer 3 "pull" settings, with the easiest reducing effort by 345%.

The only comment I've found on the Raptor clutch is that the LONG version was a bit shorter than the OEM lever. If the Raptor really is that easy to pull, then a short lever would be fine for 1-finger pulls.

Anyone have experience with either the short or long Raptor clutch lever?

Thanks...

Man I wish the search function was working...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I use the Shorty and like it. Not the best quality product out there, but works as advertised.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
BTW.. the search engine is being re-indexed now... takes several hours.
:thumb:

AWESOME!!!

That news calls for a pop-up announcement!

:yeehaw: (note rare use of the gyrating banana...)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
smit dog, okie and I disagree on this one! i bought that MSR lever and didnt like it. i found it very difficult to get a consitant adjustment with it. in hindsight, if i were to use it, i would decide which pull factor i likedd and then grind a flat on the perch so the adjuster wont move.

the ASV isnt cheap, but it is a very nice piece of engineering!:)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Smit, I had one (w/ shorty lever) on the 133 and took it off when I sold it. I've had it on the 250 since day one and like the feel. As Okie said, it aint the best made lever / perch out there.
Originally posted by bclapham
the ASV isnt cheap, but it is a very nice piece of engineering!:)
yes it's nice!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll be selling the bike towards the end of summer, so was just looking for something better than OEM without going nuts. Ordered the shorty.

Curious though how the rubber grip on the lever will be with gloves. Seems to me that an all metal lever face would slide smoother along the finger as you pulled the lever in. We'll have to see...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom