Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
The new MSR System X is a big departure from the MSR of old. Will Pattison introduced me to the new gear at DW03 and it was not quite what I expected. See I used to wear MSR System 6 gear until I began wearing knee braces. The braces were hard on the inside of the pants and would tear through the knees quickly and there was not a lot of room for the braces to live so I went to Thor Pants, with the leather knees. Well I am here to tell you tat the MSR Sys X pants are for real. Not only do they have leather knees panels, they have silicone embossed "grippers" that further protect and the bike feels like it is glued to you! On top of that there is an accordion fold at the knees to accommodate braces. I am going to do a full review of the new gear soon. All I can say right now is that I was blown away by the quality and in my opinion they raised the bar for the rest of the industry to strive for.

If you are looking for some new pants that are comfortable and tough you really should check them out. It will be worth your time just to compare even if you go another route.

http://www.tuckerrocky.com/msr.nsf/apparel/221A5B8970D49A2386256D7C006D8E0A?opendocument

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I love my 02 System X gear, but I know what you mean about the knees wearing down. I just wear regular old knee pads and even they rip the insides. But the outsides still look the same as when I bought them.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
What about sizing, is size 36 really a 36 etc?

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Sawblade that is the reason i wear msr is b/c they fit well. I need larger gear and msr seems to be the roomiest to me. I order the same as my jeans and they fit good.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Philip/Thump,
Thanks for the replies. One of my local shops now carries MSR. I have wore Fox gear for close to 20 years and have always had good luck with fit and durability. I'll head down to the shop Sat and check it out. As always, this is what makes DRN so great. Really world feedback!

Thanks again

Sawblade

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom