MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dave when can this happen?? I just realized it's practically September!!!! Where did the summer go?! Oh yeah...working 50hr work weeks, night and weekends :think:

Hopefully the weather is a little nicer this time!

What day works better Sundays or Mondays?

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
A Monday would work better for me. LMC has a race at the end of the month and my free weekends will be spent in the north woods.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
PTR is about a 2 hour drive for me. Depending on the weekend date, I could do anytime on Sunday, or early evenings on a Monday. I could also do it anytime this Monday, Labor Day.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We can do either...Phil has to be to work by 4pm on Mondays, but he could probably go in later like around 6. It's only an hour for us, gotta love M6!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Smit-Dog said:
Is this Monday (Labor Day) an option?

Not this one...any other one though! :) When does the track close for the season?

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Tracie,
We Probably Will Not Close The Track Until Nov. Our Last Mx Is Sept. 8th / 9th. We Have A Harescramble On Oct.7th. That Is About It For Ptr For 2007. We Do Have A Club Get Together / Harescramble Which We Have Not Set A Date For Yet. I Am Planning On Being At Lmc For Trailfest The Week-end Of Oct. 27th. You And Phil Should Plan On Attending, Linda And I Will Put You Up, It Is A Blast, Just A Casual Trail Ride And A Bunch Of Bench Racing / Tall Tales. If You Attend It Just Gives You More Ammo For A Ptr Mx Date For The Mtr Gang. Linda And I Are On Vacation Sept. 29th Thru Oct. 7th. Up At Lmc / Traverse City. Mondays Are Great For Me. But I Would Like To Make It On Week-end If Possible, So Everyone From Mtr Can Join Us. I Hope We Can Make This Happen, Ptr Is Centrally Located And Would Make An Awesome Place For A Mtr Get Together / Ride. Lets See What We Can Work Out.
Dave L.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
D.LEATHERS said:
Tracie,
The Week-end Of Oct. 27th. You And Phil Should Plan On Attending, Linda And I Will Put You Up, It Is A Blast, Just A Casual Trail Ride And A Bunch Of Bench Racing / Tall Tales. If You Attend It Just Gives You More Ammo For A Ptr Mx Date For The Mtr Gang. Dave L.

We could probably do that. Our last planned MX race is Sept. 9th at Big Air. By then I should be able to get another Sunday off. We will be going to "of Nations" next month. After that we are pretty well free, well I will have to get time off...but in Oct. that shouldn't be a problem.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Okay how about Oct 14?

We have a cookout with my parents on the 7th and we have to go. My mom came to my store and asked my store manager for me to have that day off, lol. My parents are funny sometimes.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
October 13/14 is a FES/AMA enduro event down in Indiana.

In looking at my calendar, I could do November 11th, 17th, or 18th.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Ptr / Mtr Ride Day

MXGirl230 said:
Okay how about Oct 14?

We have a cookout with my parents on the 7th and we have to go. My mom came to my store and asked my store manager for me to have that day off, lol. My parents are funny sometimes.

TRACIE, WE HAVE A HARESCRAMBLE ON OCT. 14 ANYWAYS. OCT.14TH IS OUR CLUB DOG - RUN WHICH I WAS THINKING WOULD BE A GREAT CHANCE FOR ALL OF OUR D.R.N. MEMBERS TO GET TOGETHER. IT IS SIMILAR TO TRAILFEST. WE RUN A 1.5 TO 2 HR. MX / HARESCRAMBLE AND HAVE A COOKOUT OR PIGROAST AFTERWARDS. IT IS FOR CLUB MEMBERS AND THEIR GUESTS ONLY, AND ALL D. R. N. MEMBERS WOULD BE MY GUESTS. WE ALSO RUN A RACE / RACES FOR THE KIDS.
THIS IS A FORMAL INVITE FOR OUR D.R.N. MEMBERS. :ride: WE USUALLY SHUT THE TRACK DOWN AROUND NOV. 1ST., DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER. :yell:
FOR ALL THE DIE HARD ENDURO CIRCUIT FOLLOWERS HOPEFULLY WE CAN MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN BEFORE WE CLOSE DOWN THE CLUB, IF NOT WE CAN ALWAYS SHOOT FOR SPRING :bang: LET ME KNOW IF THIS WILL POSSIBLY WORK.
DAVE.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hmm...that sounds like fun. We could go for that and another one in the spring time...hopefully then I will have a knew job with NO weekends!!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Word from my store manger today was that I can't get Sunday the 14th off. He's off that day for his Wife's birthday. One of my key holders is also gone that day, so yeah...I have to work...He said I could get the following Sunday off though...:bang:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dave

Was Sun the 21st a no go?

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Mtr's At Ptr Sunday Oct. 21st.

MXGirl230 said:
Dave

Was Sun the 21st a no go?

CALLING ALL MTR'S :yikes: SUNDAY OCT. 21ST IS A GO. :nod:

THIS IS THE OFFICAL CALL OUT TO RIDE AT PORTLAND TRAIL RIDERS M/C. THIS IS THE LAST CHANCE OF 2007 TO RIDE AT PTR. WE WILL BE RIDING SUNDAY OCT.21ST FROM 12:00 TO 5 PM. THIS WILL BE AN OPEN RIDE FOR THE MTR GANG ONLY. DO NOT INVITE EVERY TOM, DICK AND HARRY. BRING YOUR WIFE AND KIDS. WE HAVE A SMALL KIDS TRACK FOR THEM TO RIDE. YOU CAN GET DIRECTIONS AT OUR WEB-SITE:PORTLANDTRAILRIDERS.COM. YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN A WAIVER AT THE GATE. PACK YOUR COOLER, BRING YOUR GRILL AND HAVE A BLAST. :ride: YOU CAN CALL ME FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS.517-712-9442. THIS EVENT WILL BE WEATHER PERMITTING. STAY TUNED FOR FUTHER UPDATES.

DAVE LEATHERS.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil and I are IN! (weather permitting of course)

and I'm sure he'll bring the new camera. :cool:

Last edited:

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
TJC510 said:
im sure i can head that way on the 22nd. id like to try the 250f on a motocross track anyway.

T.J. THE RIDE IS ON THE 21ST WHICH IS SUNDAY. ARE BRUNO & WOMANRIDER PLANNING ON ATTENDING?? I WAS HOPING WE WOULD GET A LOT MORE INTEREST FOR OUR RIDE :( HOW OFTEN DO YOU GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO RIDE A TRACK FOR FREE??? WHERE IS TRASH RIDER AND SNDMAN I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE JUMPING ON THIS :coocoo:

AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT OUR LITTLE BET WITH MXGIRL230 HER AND PHIL HELD UP THEIR END OF THE DEAL. C'MON GUYS IT JUST A WOODS WITH NO TREES, WE'VE GOT LOTS OF SAND SOOOO YOU SHOULD FEEL RIGHT AT HOME :laugh:

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Dave. We might be there as well. The whole family. I would like to ride the CR on a motocross track.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Considering I've never had the opportunity, I'd love to ride a MX track. Will be down in Indiana for a family enduro on Saturday, and already have family commitments planned for Sunday.

When does the track open for riding in '08? How about an MTR "Sick of Winter" track day as soon as the snow melts.... say late March / early April?

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
WomanRider said:
Dave. We might be there as well. The whole family. I would like to ride the CR on a motocross track.

LUANN, I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OF YOU THERE, THE LAST TIME WAS A LOT OF FUN :cool:
SEE YA THERE!!!
DAVE.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Smit-Dog said:
Considering I've never had the opportunity, I'd love to ride a MX track. Will be down in Indiana for a family enduro on Saturday, and already have family commitments planned for Sunday.

When does the track open for riding in '08? How about an MTR "Sick of Winter" track day as soon as the snow melts.... say late March / early April?

SMIT-DOG, I WILL BE AT TRAILFEST. WE CAN CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION AROUND THE CAMPFIRE WITH SOME ADULT SODA'S. :cool: MY CAMPSITE IS THE 2ND RV TO THE RIGHT OF THE STARTING LINE. SEE YA THERE!!!

DAVE L. :)

Top Bottom