Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Stan_F. and I, and possibly some others are going to Muenster Saturday 11/2 the for a day of riding. If anyone else is interested, please post what vehicle you'll be in, where you'll park, and what bike you ride. We like to park in the large grassy area w/ picnic tables. We'll be driving a beige F-350 crew cab, long bed 4x4. Brian will be on a KDX 200 w/ DRN fender stickers, I'll be on a XR600 with a DRN sticker on the rear fender. Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Dang it! The kiddos have hockey and football games that day. Not that I don't support their activities, but I know that they would like to ride too.

Sometimes I think they forget that whenever their friends start signing up for "ball and stick" sports.... :think:

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Man Jeff, you really hate these "ball and stick" sports. Don't you worry, they'll be out of season pretty soon. Besides, in a couple of years they'll realize that racing dirtbikes is way cooler and more fun that these "ball and stick" sports of which you speak. I know it took me till just a couple of months ago to realize that I didn't want to waste my time playing football. It was really hurting my racing, but that's not the reason I quit. Just give them time, they'll figure out what they really want to do eventually.

On a side note, XR Guy, you've really got to stop teasing me with these Muenster on 11/2 threads. I sure would like to go but I have prior commitments dangit. Well, and besides the fact that I've gotta go buy all new clutch plates (metal and fiber) and fix who knows what else I broke this weekend at the TORO race. Maybe next time, maybe next time...

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
XR Guy, I'd like to try out Muenster. I'll try to find the parking area you're talking about. I'll be in a black and gray Rodeo with a 5X10 flatbad trailer w/tailgate-ramp. Unless my wife comes too, in which case I'll probably be the only guy with a trailer and no vehicle - the Rodeo will be off to the outlet mall. My son and I ride KDX220 and KDX200.

Toby

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
:) Hope to see you there, Tangell. I ride a KDX 200 also, that should be fun :cool: To get to the grassy area, go to the first gate, pay the man there ($8/person) and get the combination for the second gate, which is only a hundred feet or so after the first one. After you go through the second gate, follow the gravel road until it turns into a Y, then hang to the right. After following the gravel road for a while,there will be a large grassy field with covered picnic tables. This will be before the road ends and you are forced to go left or right.

Last edited:

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
Sounds great. What time do you think the gang will be arriving? Is there somewhere to get lunch around there or should I bring something?

Toby

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
tangell, I've edited my above post, so you may want to go back and read it, as the directions are right this time :confused: I'll be with XR Guy, he's my Dad. Slo' mo and some others were going to try to make it, not sure if they will, though. You can read that thread of the same title as this one in the NTSP forum. We'll arrive around anywhere from 8:00-10:00. We plan on staying untill 6:00 or so. There's really no place to go eat there, the surrounding town is quite small. Do you know how to get there? I hope you're not an MX guy, there's no track there. Just lots of good, tight woods, some more open trails, fire roads, and a long, wide, sandy creek to fly along :)

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Well, I really LOVE playing in the Dirt, but cold, wet dirt, I dunno Guys/Gals, do you think this rain is going to stay? :ugg:

Watched the 10:00 News last night, not looking good for us.

Stan got his pipe back yesterday, (dents removed) and we were primed to go. But he hates cold/rain more than I do. :(

I think YZGuy15 put a spell on us :p since he was not going anyways.

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
I was thinking the same. My son is more sensitive to the elements than I, but it's even looking a little too cruddy for my tastes. I think I'll save the 3+ hour drive for slightly better conditions. Hopefully next weekend, as we need to get a lot of practice in before we go on this Amarillo thingy.

Toby

MTRIDER

Aug 20, 2000
The forecast looks a little better.....so I will probably go on Sunday ....Thats quite a drive for you tangell....If you wanna go I'll be there..

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
I'm going to check the weather again in the morning, if the forecast holds I'll be there about noon in my black and gray Rodeo, KDX200 and KDX220. I'll park near the picnic tables described earlier in this thread.

If anyone reads this before then that can tell me how to get there coming from the north that would be cool, otherwise I'm going to drive to Gainesville and follow the road atlas from there.

Toby

Last edited:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
We ended up gpoing on Saturday, see more in the ride reports forum.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
there will be a large grassy field with covered picnic tables.

when did they put in covered picnic tables? i don't remember ever seeing them.

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
I went today (Sunday), it was pretty cool although quite muddy. :-) We only saw a fraction of the place I'm sure cuz we didn't really know where all to go. I never saw the river, maybe next time.

Toby

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Tangell, nice to meet you and Scott out there today. Too bad you were already loaded up. Next time I'll show you some nice fun trails for Scott, and you can see the Red River. Drop me an email at buzzardflatsjim@aol.com and we can stay in touch about future rides.

tangell

Oct 14, 2002
JMD, sounds great! Yeah, we had to pack it in kind of early in order to get back to Stillwater at a decent hour. If it works out for us to make it down on a Thursday sometime, I'll let you know as well.

Toby

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, or we could jet up there some Thursday to ride the 500. I still haven't washed my bike. I was just too tired last night. I'll get it today. It's plenty muddy.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Check your brake pads. Stan's and my rear pads were worn out after riding there on Saturday. Something about water and fine sand that tore the HECK out of the pads. :think:

Top Bottom