Muenster after-Thanksgiving ride?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Anybody up for an after-Thanksgiving ride at Muenster? Planning to go up Friday about noon, and ride Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to riding the TSCEC enduro course, or as much of it as is open. (I think they've closed Bill's Woods again. )

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
We'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Gray Dodge truck w/travel trailer, YZ 125 w/ #B437 or KDX w/ #L113.

Maybe we can swap some old Lucerne Valley tales...

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Great, Pat. I love Muenster-- acre for acre, it's one of my favorite places ever. But it just can't compete with the vast expanses of the Mojave. I can't wait to get back there; maybe this spring.

Anyway, here's to sand, trees, the Red River, and German food this weekend. Hope to see you there.

Neilspen

Sep 13, 2001
I am new to the area, and what was wondering what kind of terrian is at munster, and how do you get there if you are coming from fort worth.

Pat Burroughs

Sep 10, 1999
Directions are here.

Terrain is as varied as it gets in these parts. Lots of woods, some open areas, some small hills, some really nasty stuff. Mostly sandy, some hardpack.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Don't forget the rocks....

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
What's the recent weather done to the trails? Are they sloppy or fairly dry? I'd like to come and see more of the place. I'll be watching the weather.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Muenster is sandy, so it soaks up a lot of water without getting sloppy. Besides, it's even more fun when it does get really wet. It never gets as bad as Xtremeland was for the TORO race. Don't know the exact condition of the trails, as I haven't been there in a month, but they haven't gotten much rain up there lately.

spodekill

Nov 22, 2001
Red River This Weekend!

There are a bunch of folks going to Muenster this weekend. I'll be out there Friday afternoon arounbd 3:00 and staying for the weekend. We wil lbe camping near where the Red River Dirt Riders set up camp for the enduro a few weeks ago...through the second gate on the Right side of the meadow. Look for my dark blue Ford F250 pulling a Thor Hauler/camper. I'll have an American flag and my "No Whiners" banner flying.

Lots of folks are coming out over the weekend so it should be a hoot.

I'm looking forward to riding the trial I helped clear and mark for the race, but never got to really ride!

Hope to see some of you there! I'd like to meet more DRN people.

Scott

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Spodekill, I'll try to park in the same area. Maybe any other DRN'ers going up would like to do the same thing, and we'll have a little N. Texas Turkey-fest of our own.

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
Hey guys,

Glad to see some activity tomorrow. Myself and two other guys are getting up there tomorrow around 12-1. Two KDX's and a KTM 300 EXC.

I've waited to the last minute to call Rebecca Harris (Owner & Operator) of the park to get the combo to the lock on the gate. If anyone see's three stooges standing at the gate looking dumb founded, please let us in :).

Looking forward to it. For those who haven't been to Muenster, it's awesome!

Don
aka
KruncH

Top Bottom