JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Planning to ride Muenster on Monday. Roger, Alan, Charlie, and maybe Brian will be there. Keeping my fingers crossed for some rain before then, but I'll take the dust if I have to. Parking right up front; big white man, big white van.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
It is looking likely. I'll get in touch with Darrell and see if he can make it. Gene, John, Tony, Hal--anyone wanna join in on the fun? As Jim says, "Be there, or be trapezoidal."

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Just as a possibility, Stan, would you be up for a slightly longer trip? I have a line on 6,000 acres in Oklahoma, near the Texas panhandle. I'd like to check it out for a spodefest being planned by a bunch of KTM riders around the country. If the landowner would let us, might be fun to go out Sunday morning, ride the afternoon, ride Monday morning, and come home. Just an idea, and it may not be feasible this time.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Thanks for thinking of me Stan but as the due date and possiblilty of going into labor gets closer the length of trips from home does the same. I'll have to keep myself on a short leash for a while. Have fun.

On a side note, I did manage to sell that skidplate so I don't have a freebie for you anymore. It paid for my radiator guards and you know how much I drop my bike so you can appreciate their importance.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Jim, that sounds like a fun trip, but my Dad would kill me iff I went without him. I'd like to go to Muenster, though. Should be perfect after the rain we're getting. Are all the others still going? We'd definately like to try the OK thing sometime, though.

John, I forgot about the little one on the way. I hope everything goes smoothly. Keep us updated. No prob on the skidplate. I could use some rad. braces myself.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, it looks like the OK trip will have to wait. Muenster it is. And now Jimbo will be coming, as he doesn't have to work Monday. Yes, I think Alan, Charlie, and Roger are still coming.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
i would be intrested. ill see if i can swing time off from work.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
It's looking good for maybe an inch of rain Friday night and a quarter-inch on Saturday. Of course, you never know with Muenster. It can rain in Gainesville and be dry as a bone at the park. Could sure use the rain up there.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm gonn have to pass as I have a meeting on Monday at 1:00PM in Abilene.

Have fun and be safe.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
im in got the ok at work today. lets hope the shower turns off soon. we have been getting it steady for quite some time.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Is anyone else considering "chickening out?" I mean, its cold, fellas. I'm all loaded, but, well, its cold!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings
Is anyone else considering "chickening out?" I mean, its cold, fellas. I'm all loaded, but, well, its cold!

Don't do it Stan .... Don't live up to your nickname .... "Ballerina Boy" :laugh:

I agree though, it is cold to this Texas boy as well. Go figure, I washed the truck in a t shirt yesterday afternoon. :think:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by Stan_Flemmings

Now,Now,NOW - is it 'hurtin?!

Back in the woods it will be peeerrrrrffffeeccttttt!!!!! :laugh:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Look at it this way: it will be one of the few opportunities you'll ever have to wear your enduro jacket in Texas. And I predict that by mid-day, we'll all be riding without the jackets. I'm definitely going, whether it rains or snows. I have the day off, and I'm riding. I'm going to have fun if it kills me.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Oh, alright. I guess. You twisted my arm enough ;)

Look for me to roll up around 8-8:30 blasting "back in black" :confused:

Is tomorrow considered normal weekend day, or do we need the gate combo?

Loud white Mazda pickup and kTm 250, number 116 up front.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
okey-dok. See ya'll in the mo'nin.

Last edited:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Well, it was cold. But it was good. The traction was perfect, the mudholes were not as numerous as I expected, and the riding was epic. Thanks to you, Stan, and TX246, and Craig from Enid, and Enduro Nut, and the rest, for a great day. In all, there were 13 in our group, weren't there?. Every day I go to Muenster seems like the best day of my life. Hope I can keep doing this for a long time. See y'all Saturday.

Top Bottom