Muenster on Memorial Day Weekend

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Who's gonna be there? My dad and I will be there Saturday, and maybe camp-out until Sunday. Would really love to meet some of you guys!!:)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
wooooohoooooo

wooooohoooooo. Can't tell you how glad I am you're gonna make it:) :) :)
Anybody else!!!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
how about this...

Slo'Mo, There is a gas station/convienence store on hwy 380, the first exit after hwy 35 E and 35 W merge. Can we met there on Saturday morning around 8:30 A.M.? sound good?:)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey man, I hope that you guys stay till Sunday. My dad and I (and possibly my little bro and/or sis) will be going out there on Sunday sometime and staying till Monday more than likely. I'd love to meet you. You oughta be excited about meeting Slo'Mo, he's a good guy (we met at the Brian Storrie GP). Everyone that is going out there say what kind of vehicle and bikes and such, so we can find each other. We'll be in a white Suburban, pulling a 01 YZ250, a 97 YZ 250, and a little PW 80. I hope to see some ppl out there.

Taraker, Yarbonwick, where are ya on this one?

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
One more thing...

The YZ's have numbers on them too. The 97 is T640, and the 01 is E640. Hope to see ya there!!! :) :) :)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Let's see...

1999 Ford F-250 Powerstroke Diesel ( Ford-Deisel.Com sticker on right rear section of rear window, DRN sticker on left rear). "98 CR80 E, and '96 XR600 in the back of the truck, no trailer. Both bikes totally stock, no numbers or stickers, except for one DRN sticker on the Cr's rear fender. Slo'Mo, Is it okay with you to meet at the gas station I described? Hope to see you both:)

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
here's hoping

Stan,
plans are still tentative. The boss is wanting to go to San Antonion for the weekend but we also have to work around No_Mo's schedule. Chances are we might get to go but it would just be a Saturday thing.
It would be easier for me to meet you at the intersection of I35 and SH82. I live about 17 mi. north of 380.
I have never ridden at lake Murray. Has anyone ever ridden there and if so, what is it like and do they have places to camp?

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
Lake Murray is 90% sand, 10% hardpack, a few ravines and gullies, lots of tress, not much in the way of facilities, pretty good camping down by the lake.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Wish I could make it but we head out Saturday for our annual family vacation with friends on the beach in SC. A bunch of my buddies went last week, from Tuesday - Thursday, and had a phenomenal time (and the place to themselves). Couldn't make that one due to work, which is why I'd REALLY like to be there this weekend and meet a few DRN folks as well.

Slo-Mo, if you end up in San Antonio are you going to the VP Cycle Ranch? That's a phenomenal place to ride as well.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
slo'mo, you must be confused:confused: Lake Murray is alright, but I'm going to Muenster. Is there a certain gas station or something like that we could meet you at? Maybe that Yamaha shop, or maybe just meet you there? whatever works for you. Just let us know:)

Last edited:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I'm always that way

not confused, just multi-tasking ;) I know you were talking about Muenster. The wife was already making plans and I am trying to change her mind. Murray was an alternative for a campout. Muenster is close enough we could do that early Sat. w/o upsetting her for the whole weekend (get your dad to explain). I should find out today if No_Mo can get off work to come ride. The boss refuses to let me go alone since Muenster is where I got my last concussion and broken collarbones.:(

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Yeah, It's never a good idea to ride alone. Fortunately, I don't ride beyond my limits, so the worst I've been hurt riding has been some scratches and bruises. Anyway, you know that old Yamaha shop that's on the way there,(I'm not sure what road it's on, I'll have to ask my dad) Would it be ok with you to meet there? If not, can you suggest a certain gas station or something at that intersection?

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
This is a pretty decent riding area that does not get as crowded as some of the more well known riding areas. directions follow, here is the link I got them from: http://www.goplayinthedirt.com/

Twin Hills Cycle Ranch (Bridgeport, Texas) CLOSED DURING DEER HUNTING SEASON (Call before you haul) Terrain varies from smooth, flat pastureland to rocky, somewhat technical trail. Approximately 20-mile XC loop exists. Excellent 60-acre camping area - primitive but clean porta potties on site. Pay the $8.00 entry fee (per rider only) at the Twin Hills Convenience Store (looks like a big barn). Phones: (940)683-4959

DIRECTIONS: From the Denton/McKinney area:Take 380 WEST through Bridgeport. 4 miles west of Bridegeport, turn NORTH on to 1820. On 1820, go about 1 mile and look for the Twin Hills Convenience Store at the top of the hill. From Dallas: Take 635 WEST past D/FW airport to 121 South. Take the HWY 114 Bridgeport exit. Stay on HWY 114 WEST and turn left on 380. Turn RIGHT onto CR1658 and drive five miles. Twin Hills Convenience Store will be on your right just past the lake and dam.From Ft Worth:Take I-35 NORTH to HWY 287 towards Decatur. Exit HWY 114 and follow directions from Dallas above

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Stan,
the boss has pulled the plug on my plans. If I get to go it will be a very impromptu thing. The one positive thing about it is she has given me the go ahead for a small track at the house.
:cool:

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
Thanks for the info penguin.

Slo'mo, I can hear that whip cracking from hear.:p
I know the feeling.

I may take the family to Muenster Sunday. I'll be the one chasin the 4 year old girl on a LEM 4 wheeler.:o

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
sorry

slo'mo, sorry to hear you might not make it. If you do make it, and see us, stop by and say hi. Maybe we can go on a ride or something. We'll probably park down by the creek, but not sure.

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
Street,

Muenster is a great place to ride. Every type of riding you can imagine....sandy creeks, hard trails, easy trails, slow trails, fast trails, hills, quick sand....you name it. Try to hitch up with someone who has ridden there before. There are enough trails that you could get lost for a little while. If anyone asks if you want to go ride Bill's Woods tell them NO:scream: and report them to the local authorities for attempted manslaughter.

I may be there one day of the three day weekend. We don't know where we are going to ride yet.

Street

May 21, 2001
Thanks

Excellent!

I've been riding at Shady Grove (AKA the greasy chicken) and wanna try a new place. Thanks for the info. Now, all I have to do is chain the wife to the bumper :p or go the more expensive route and give her the credit card :scream: to free me for the weekend! Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom