Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Hey guy's and gal's, let's get together during the holiday and do some dirt bike ridin'! I know for shure several of us will be there on New Years' Day - any other dates/times you have in mind?? :yeehaw:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I'll be there if I can get the 400 rebuilt by then. It's making a funny noise that sounds a lot like a thousand dollars.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Last weekend Jim was riding Pete's Gate so fast, his bike just couldn't take the extreme G-forces and it grenaded. You know how those four-strokes are :p His stator is still in good shape, though ;)

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Stator...what ya' mean??? Is there a referance in that comment?? Actually, it's not the stator...still checking, but I've gone back to trash in the pilot jet. We'll see... :confused:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Sounds to me like the 400 ate an exhaust valve. The funny thing is, it was running beautifully until suddenly it wasn't. I don't know if I want to take the time to do it myself or just take it in.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
OUCH! :debil: Either way - get it done, bike should be ready for next week. I'm ready to ride, let's do it. Brian has time, or Curtis should be reasonably slow this time of year.

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Actually, most of the crew that rode at Meunster on New Years day last year are planning on making the trip again. Look for that morning around 10:00 or so. I am thinking at 4 to 6 of us, maybe more.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I wondered when we would here from you - glad your coming!

Stan,er ah Bri.. You coming?

Where's the rest of the NTSP's??

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
There may be two of me, but I will be there if I don't go to Big Bend.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Stan and I are a definate maybe/probably/possibly. Big tree in the meadow sounds like as good a spot as any.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
The big meadow would be preferable, but it sounds like several guys are coming up that have never been there. I think we need to meet down by the creek on the first gate so everyone can find us a bit easier.

FYI - Enter the first gate and stay to your immediate right and follow it down to the creek - You will see my Nissan Pathfinder,JMD's white van, Darrells' silver Dodge truck and.....

:yeehaw:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Roger that, Roger. The sand pit by the creek is a better choice. Maybe we can get a gigantic circle of love going down there.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by JMD
Maybe we can get a gigantic circle of love going down there.

I think someone has been sniffing too much KTM powder :eek:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hmm, this sounds tempting. We may make it, but we'll kinda have to see how my work schedule pans out. Also, can't forget those late parties on New Year's Eve. I may not be able to get up early enough to go riding. Sometime during that week we are going to Rip-Char though if we don't go to Muenster. I'll post a thread when we know our plans for sure.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Hey Roger ... Do we need to call and get a combo, or will there be someone at the gate to take the $$$?

I assume we turn right along the fence and follow it down where I harked ... uhh I mean we parked the last time.

Tony

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Hi Tony - Yes, they will be open - bring $$ and enjoy second heaven!! You got it right on the parking, if the wind is like today(WINDY!) we will park in the exact spot for wind break.

Went out today on my new toy - WOOHOO - nothin' better than the woods!! :yeehaw:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Originally posted by sportbiker51
I want to go. My # is 817 714 0599. I need directions.
Mitch

Mitch ... here you go. Call me on my cell phone if you have any questions. I'll check in with you later towards the 1st as well. My number is 214.763.0416

Roger ... please check the directions inside the park for me if you would!

Directions to Muenster

Follow I 35 (W or E) north thru Denton to Gainsville.

Take the Hwy 82 West exit to Muenster.

Follow Hwy 82 to Muenster where you will

Turn Right on FM 373 (at the traffic light) and follow it northward out of town towards Bulcher. It will jog left and then right as it exits town.

(If you need gas or snacks get them here)

Follow FM 373 ...

You will pass the Turtle Hill Golf Course ... This is half way (or so)

Next will be the Able - Shiloh Cemetery on your right ... your getting closer.

The actual town of Bulcher (what is left of it anyway) is at the intersection of FM 373 and CR 485 ... breeze right on thru town.

The next landmark will be the intersection of FM 373 and FM 2382 ... you are very close ... bear to the right on FM 373.

FM 373 will make a bend to the right and then back to the left and cross Mountain Creek ... you are very close, start watching for motorcycle trails on the right. Can’t see them? Well that doesn’t matter, because we don’t tear up the eco system near as bad as we get blamed.

OK, by now you should be coming up a hill with FM 373 fading off to the right. Look for a gate on your right with an old motorhome just beyond it. This is Muenster.

Welcome!!

After paying the gate attendant $8.00 (if I remember correctly), turn right and travel back south parallel to FM 373 just inside the fence row. There are a series of clearings along the fenceline where people park. We will be on the left side of the 2nd or 3rd one (if I remember correctly).

Look for the various vehicles identified in the thread.

I have a white 2003 4x4 Crew Cab GMC Seirra.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hmmm, New Year's in Tejas.  :think:

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by BSWIFT
Hmmm, New Year's in Tejas.  :think:

Come on down !!! It's time for you to come on down and ride with us - it's just a big 500 :thumb:
We've got plenty of space :thumb:

Tony - the gate area looks good!

Sportbiker - look forward to meeting you, however, it's a bit difficult to whip a CBR through the trees ;) !

Top Bottom