Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
My dad and I will be going to Muenster this next weekend. Look for a 01' White Ranger pickup with a 96' XR600 with a DRN sticker on the rear fender, and a '98 Cr80e with DRN fender stickers. Hope to see you there:)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Ahh man, not this time. I wish I could but alas I have too many repairs to be done and not enough time. Crushed my dang pipe at the TORO race this weekend, so I'm out of commision until I can get a new one. Have fun though.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
My son and I will likely be out there. Look for a white Chevy conversion van towing an open trailer, with two KTMs, Nos. C534 and C326. TORO this weekend was brutal; it was so muddy there was nowhere to relax anywhere on the course. As long as it doesn't rain Saturday, we'll probably be at Muenster. Won't be there Sunday, though.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
We'll look for you. We'll have a big white van or an old brown Bronco, and an open black trailer; two KTMs, C534, and C326. Hope to see you there.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
darnjr, Watch out for those low hanging branches, and ruts of doom this time:eek:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by yzguy15
Ahh man, not this time. I wish I could but alas I have too many repairs to be done and not enough time. Crushed my dang pipe at the TORO race this weekend, so I'm out of commision until I can get a new one. Have fun though.

Can't you just get it repaired?
You might try Bates used parts or see if DG makes a stock replacement.

-jeffd

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well Jeff, when you're 16, going to school, and on a limited income it's hard to get these things. I've been driving for almost a month now, meaning that I have some money due for insurance and my cell phone. Getting a pipe repaired cost more than getting a new one, so that's ruled out. And if I'm going to spend money I might as well wait and save some more and get something that will make my bike run better. See what I mean? But I will for sure have one in about 2 weeks, so we can get a ride in before the next TORO race at Muenster.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Muenster Riding Area

Guys ... quick question, my brothers and I are thinking of meeting somewhere and riding for the holidays (Christmas). Is Muenster open to the public and if so, will it be open during this time? Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Motohead00

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by JMD
yzguy, try this site for cheap pipe repair. They say they can take a flat pipe and fix it for $40.

www.piperepair.com

My advice *exactly*! Thanks for the URL. Also - Bates prolly has a used stocker you can pick up for cheap. It is worth a call IMO.

I realize you are on a tight budget (aren't we all?) - that is why I suggested repair or used stocker. The DG (if available) is nothing more than a stock pipe fabricated out of thicker material. Cheaper than a new stocker from the Yamaha shop, but more than a $40 repair job...

-jeffd

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Looks like riding is out for us, rain is in the forecast tonight and all day tomorrow.:(

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Stan,
You guys should have gone. The riding was excellent. Light rain on and off but you never noticed it. There were tons of marked trails from the enduros all over the place and the trails were in great shape. There was very little mud and the sand was perfect. Sorry you missed it. I hope it will be the same for the next TORO race.
Dennis

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
No low lying branches I presume? :confused:

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
Nope, no branches. At least none that were very hard to duck under. The guleys of doom were filled in with rocks and easy to see. The one thing I did notice was that those small fir trees hold a lot of water and really unload on you when they brush across your face.
I'll be back out there on Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Dennis

Top Bottom