JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I was there Thursday, and I'm going again tomorrow. Yes, it's dusty, but I love surfing around on that loose stuff. I'll be parking up front (big white van, big white man). Jimbo and Charlie will be there, too. Charlie has promised me a ride on his '04 Husky TE450. Enduro Nut is having sexual fantasies about that bike after riding it Thursday. Anyway, should be another epic day.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Dad and I will be going Sunday, along with Darrell. Did you get that new blue scoot?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Yeah, I have the blues. Quite a nice bike, really. Took it to Brian Storrie today to get a new rear spring; should work even better tomorrow. The 250 is very nimble, but it's a bit of a handful in the nastier sections. I've been spoiled by the thumper's ample torque, which just allows me to walk up anything out there. I have to keep the YZ on the boil a bit more, and use the clutch more. But it's fun. Enjoy it Sunday.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Looks like a group of us are going on Sunday also. Jeffd has the details.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Sunday - 2nd gate! Look for a group of us down by the area with the big trees on the right after you pass the turd huts.

I'll be there in my 03 F150 supercrew (silver) with a fox sticker on the back window. I'll be on my CR and have my kiddos with me.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Those that didn't go missed a great time. Thanks for callin us Jeff, we all had a blast.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Stan, Grady: Had a great time riding Saturday. The dust was INtense, though. I bought a pipe guard today; wish I had bought it last week before I dinged my pipe. Thing must be made out of smoke and spider webs, it's so flimsy. I really love the YZ. I take back half the bad things I said about blue riders. (The other half is absolutely true, and I'm glad I threw dog poop on their shoes.)

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
JMD, are you getting rid of your 400?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
No, YZguy, I'm just getting ready to do a complete engine disassembly, so I needed a bike to ride in the interim. I am very impressed with the YZ, though.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Too bad, I was hoping to pick up a skid plate if you had one. The one that came on my bike had some bad juju to go along with it (at least to me, well and probaly most racers in the N. Texas) so I think I'm going to sell it as is on ebay since the bolts are rusted and kinda screwed up anyways. So I guess if you know of anybody that possibly has a stock or EE skid plate lying around let me know.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I really like the eline carbon fiber skid plate. You remove two screws and the device swings forward so you can drain your oil and get to the lower screen. Mine has held up to many, many big hits; it's a bit scarred, but still functional.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Originally posted by yzguy15
Those that didn't go missed a great time. Thanks for callin us Jeff, we all had a blast.

It was a good day for sure. good thing it wasn't dry and dusty, lol!
Good riding and good company - can't be beat. Now i gotta lean out that *&^% pilot jet so no more fouled plugs off idle...

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Originally posted by JMD
I really like the eline carbon fiber skid plate. You remove two screws and the device swings forward so you can drain your oil and get to the lower screen. Mine has held up to many, many big hits; it's a bit scarred, but still functional.

That sounds like a slick set up. Oil changes are already a pain in the butt. I might have to look into that. I dunno about the carbon fiber, I am an expert crasher.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom