sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
The weather forecast shows Tuesday and Wednesday being clear, and I'm hoping to get a day in this week. Maybe Wednesday?

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'm planning on being up there Thursday and Friday.

Thursday I'll be putting around real slow-like w/my sister and bro-in-law, but I'm looking to get some good riding in on Friday.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I might try to ride Friday and Saturday. I might invite some newbie friends up one of those days, but I'd like one day to ride with the big boys.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Weather permitting, I'm planning on riding somewhere tomorrow with a least 1 son. It may depend on who gets the least rain: Muenster, Barnwell or Cross Bar Ranch in OK.

SilverBurr

Jun 17, 2006
I'm riding Saturday at Muenster, If it doesn't rain too much. But I'm almost thinking that a wet ground in sandy conditions may not be all that bad.

Last edited:

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Curses! :-(

I called Barnwell and CrossBar Ranch this morning and they both reported very wet conditions. If anyone made it up to Muenster today I'd sure love to hear what the conditions are like. IMHO, Muenster handles a small amount of water pretty well, but I've also ridden there after a day of steady rain, and the sandy river-bottom was about the only place that was rideable. The trails quickly turned my tires into 2 big donuts of mud.

I'm beginning to think about Kiamichi for tomorrow. Other than exciting creek crossings(!) the rain doesn't seem to bother it much. I've ridden there before when all the usual places closer to the metroplex were soaked.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Gene rode Muenster today from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Didn't get much rain, just a light drizzle. But he said it was still muddy -- mud donuts for tires in some places. As they left, he said the skies really opened up, so it's going to be super-muddy tomorrow. I might be up for the Kiamichi, Seldon. I'll talk to my boys. I can't go until late tonight or early tomorrow morning. I'll give you a call.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I'd like to hit Muenster sometime during the next week. I don't start school again until the 16th so I'm open weekdays as well as weekends.

Top Bottom