Muffler Connecting Seal

Biglmbass

Jul 29, 2002
I've been dying to ask this...
My bike (bought used - '98 KDX 200) doesn't have any sort of seal on the muffler/pipe connection. Do I have to use Kawasaki part #92093-1328 or can I do just fine with a 2" section of heater hose and (2) hose clamps? I fully realize that this won't look very sexy, however it is a dirt bike and the dealer wants $20 to order this part for me. (So I'm frugal -- spelled c-h-e-a-p) And while I'm on the subject of cheap fixes, is there anything special about Kawasaki brand 39mm o-rings (part #670E3039)? Dealer wants $7 bucks each. For that much, they gotta be gold plated or something, right? Any reason I can't go down to the local hardware store and pick up a couple for less than a buck? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I don't use anything on the pipe to silencer connection other than a dab of silicone sealer. I've been doing that for a couple years without leakage or problems.

TransAm77

Feb 10, 2002
A heater hose will work fine. However a piece of plumbing hose designed to conect to pieces of pvc pipe, will not work. They will melt and make the bike really loud. Ask me how I know.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…