recshop1227

Apr 15, 2006
I have a 2005 KDX200 and I'm ready for a new muffler. I like the Turbine Power Core2 by FMF...but I've heard that Pro Circuit is real dependable too. Which pipe from Pro Circuit is good for this type of bike and trail riding in the woods? Also, does it hurt the bike or jetting if you have an aftermarket muffler with stock exhaust? Thanks for your time and help.

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
The only difference you will have by just changing the silencer is a slight increase in power , sound louder and be lighter .

Rather spend the money on a pipe and leave the stock silencer if you cant afford to do both , it will give you a huge increase in power by doing the pipe only .

recshop1227

Apr 15, 2006
What kind would you recommend? I've heard that the FMF sometimes have trouble fitting. If I were to get Pro Circuit...which one would be the best for woods and trails? Does changing the pipe cause a need for rejetting? Thanks

Ryan12833

Mar 4, 2006
i have the fmf gnarly pipe. I really like it, if you want a larger down low improvement get the woods pipe. I have the gnarly desert pipe. It did some trouble with fitment. If you have a vie and about 20 minutes you can get it to fit really well. Mine fits prefect after i bent it slightly with a pole. It is very easy to do. But most people dont have fitment problems.

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
Get the Pro Circuit Platinum 2 it fits properly , doesnt need any modifying , gives you power right from bottom to top . Also has a better finish than the FMF ( welds etc ) .

KDXdog

May 4, 2005
Just put a FMF woods gnarly on my 04 200. At first attempt, it didn't appear to line up, I thought "oh s***", remembering all the ill-fitting post here, then I started again slowly, no problem at all. Fits like a glove!

Top Bottom