Short 311
Langston 300
Alessi 292
RC 291
JBS 290

LITES
Townley 404
Villapoto 402

It just does not get any better than this! The Lites will almost certainly go down to the last moto. Both riders are 100% deserving of the title. I can't pick between the two. A bad crash or a DNF could decide the title.

In MX, Ferry has had more than his share of bad luck and bad starts. He has probably passed more riders this year than anyone in history. He appears to be in GREAT shape. With luck being equal, I think he's faster and in better shape than Short.

Langston is on fire and is the fastest non-RC rider out there. The new '08 frame really agrees with him. With six motos left, he will win the title if he continues to finish ahead of Ferry and Short. I think he and Ferry are the favorites right now.

Alessi's chances are slim. He has to win a bunch of motos to have a shot, and I don't see him doing that.

It was great to have RC part timing it this year. We get to see RC and we get a great title chase. Can't beat that.

There is still time for JBS to come back strong, but if he misses another moto he is done. If he wins every moto, he would almost certainly take the title, unless Ferry or Short takes 2nd every moto.

It is going to be a great finish to the season!

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
By my calculations if JBS wins every moto from now to the end of the season he will win by 6 points even if ferry or short get second every time.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
cnielse5 said:
By my calculations if JBS wins every moto from now to the end of the season he will win by 6 points even if ferry or short get second every time.

There's only six motos left, right?

25 points for 1st in each moto = 150 total points available

22 points for 2nd in each moto = 132 total points available

150-132 = 18 points

Stewart is down 21 points.

By my calculations, if Stewart wins every moto and Ferry or Short gets 2nd every moto, Stewart loses by 3 points.

I have no idea how bad Stewart's knee is, but if it's so bad that he couldn't even poke around yesterday for a 10th place finish to pick up a few points, I'll be surprised if he can win every moto from here on out.

Maybe two weeks is enough healing time for Stewart, but I bet back in the day Bob Hannah would have ridden yesterday - unless his leg had been amputated. . .

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Rob has it right about the points. I also agree Stewart is probably out of it. Any points at all yesterday would have really helped his cause if he was going to come back and race for the title. He could play a huge spoiler's role, though. Winning motos and/or finishing between Ferry, Langston and Short could make a difference in the outcome compared to JBS sitting out.

So if JBS is out, that means it is between Langston, Ferry and Short.

It's going to be hot the rest of the way, and Grant and Ferry seem to run stronger late in the moto than Short. I think Langston will reduce the 11 point gap, but if Ferry can get some decent starts he might be able to hold Grant off a few motos.

My guess is it will come down to the last moto between Langston and Ferry. The guy who finishes in front Moto 2 at Glen Helen will take the title.

KW's premature white flag pull off the other week was a real gift to Ferry and could end up being the difference.

Last edited:

cnielse5

~SPONSOR~
Feb 22, 2005
Oops. my bad I thought there were 9 motos for some reason. I am retarded!
I also think Stewart will pull out.

Top Bottom