ojasia

Mar 13, 2013
I find it odd that their isnt massive amounts of stickied articles on builds with different yr chassi's to diff. yr engines and whats needed. I understand that this is a forum for dirtbikes and not just Honda or Yamaha. But the other MFR's must have messed up certain years as well making it more desirable to have a certain year engine or whatever the case. literally spent a good part of the day googling this stuff and can barely find more then 1 or 2 discussions :bang: I'm prolly being ignorant and not searching hard enough but like I said a good part of a day googling and on here. So please, let the games begin and lets hear some input. From what I have gathered for instance I have a 2005 CR125 chassi, with a 2001 Eng.
thats a pretty big spread. I need to find out if my CDI is the original or it was put in with the '01 Eng. I mean if its the '05 CDI running an '01 I imagine they'll run just about any of em, maybe different connectors but nothing a little swapping connectors and some electrical tape cant fix. I'm trying to plan for either a '96 Engine swap or just throwing the original '05 engine back in. From what I have read is for instance '96 Engine in a I believe it was a 03 or 01 frame and all was needed was the engine mounts drilled wider. I have rambled long enough and now way from where I started.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Most of the mods/chassis swaps have been to the KDX/KX platform. As far as finding parts/years look at the OEM sites. Many years used the same parts so it shouldn't be hard to determine what's what.

Top Bottom