jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Watching it now! I've got to hand it to Everts! That guy is fast! In the early parts of the race, neither RC nor Everts looks faster, seems to be pretty evenly matched.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Damn them Speed,I mean NASCAR channel I hate the formatt they went to I (and most other people) work during their racing programing, I will stop now cause I know this has been bash repeatadly on the flame board, someone should write a letter, well I think I will.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Everts put up a good fight with Ricky in the first Semi. They fought back and forth for three or so laps, with Ricky finally taking the lead for good. They were FLYING! Ricky was using the ENTIRE track (really wide in some place but very tight in others). The track was super sandy and EXTREMELY rough, almost a cross between Southwick and Daytona, definitely RC's and Ferry's type of track. Ricky came back from mid pack in the main, Everts was pretty much the leader from the start. Ricky was running it looked to be 3 seconds or so a lap faster and eventually caught and passed Everts no problem. The announcer kept saying that Everts got arm pump in the Semi that's why he eventually fell back (out of the top 3 I think). You could see him taking his arms off the bars while in the air and squeezing his hands in the main. I don't think it was so much RC's speed that beat Everts, but the pressure he put on him and the track conditions. They truly looked to be about the same speed wise (It was similar to a good RC/Windham battle). Timmy and Hughes looked to have gotten pretty terrible starts (mid 20's or so). At one point Timmy was in 20th and Hughes was 23rd (Hughes crashed shortly after that, although you never saw him on the TV). It showed Timmy fighting back (it was a great charge and he was FLYING as well), then we got to see him get tossed over the bars, a few laps toward the end of the race. It was pretty good viewing, although the camera never "panned back" to see how far and high they were jumping over some of the larger jumps (and there 'appeared' to be a couple of BIG ones). The announcer was horrible (same announcer for most of the GP rounds we get televised here), just really monotone. It was funny that he kept calling RC "the little American", but did give him BIG props toward the end of the race. It was cool, although I'm glad I didn't bother taping it.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Oh yeah, something else I noticed. The whoop section. Didn't appear to be any more technical than one you would find at a local amateur track (not real tall or difficult). But, you could definitely see the European's lack of experience on this part of the track! It wiped SEVERAL riders out! I think it was a definite advantage to the Americans.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I just finished watching the tape of the race. I liked how the announcer was referring to RC as the "little American". :laugh: Definitely a good race.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Doesn't Everts ride a 500-plus cc one-off bike? Put RC on a chopped AF and it might not have been that close.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
...just fishing for Marcus. ;) Man, that was fun.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Where was the MXDN? Where is Everts from? Seems I remember the Euro's saying Everts got SPANKED in the States (Southwick?) 'cause he wasn't familar with the track?

Who's the fastest MX'er on the planet?
(and he wasn't even there).... :p

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
oh no, not this long and arduous road again. maybe there should be a forum entitled "lame threads that go round in circles and end up nowhere" or maybe "lets beat that dead horse again"- at least the Belgians could organise the bloody race. :silly:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Speed will re-air the show twice.

REBROADCAST!
Tuesday, November 11, 2003
3:00 pm FIM MOTOCROSS Motocross des Nations

Sunday, November 16, 2003
1:00 am FIM MOTOCROSS Motocross des Nations

Last edited:

Top Bottom