RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
I just bought Sony's Playstation 2. Now, for the nights and really rainy days when I cannot ride, I wonder what is the best MX games avaliable out there...

Any input would be hot...

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
For PS2 the best off-road game is ATV Fury (or the new version of that game). It is a quad game but the physics are really good. I think I have Ricky Carmichael's 2002 MX Championship. It's fun to play but the bike control is not very realistic. I think the best MX game I ever played was on my original Playstation. It was called Supercross Circuit. You could probably find it really cheap somewhere. It's an old game so the graphics won't be up to par with PS2 games, but it's still fun.

If you're looking for a cool car driving game, I have yet to play anything better than GT3 (Gran Turismo 3). Insane graphics and amazingly realistic game play.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by Kawidude
If you're looking for a cool car driving game, I have yet to play anything better than GT3 (Gran Turismo 3). Insane graphics and amazingly realistic game play.
Ditto! ...
BTW, GT4 is going to be on a graphics and interface level well beyond anything you've experienced.

MX games must have:
ATV off road fury
EA Sports Supercross
Motocross mania
Moto Racer 2

Other must haves:
Socom
GTA 3 (vice city is too profane)
ALL of the Tomb Raiders

RGalesi

Aug 19, 2002
I think I played the RC's game. My brother-in-law rent it at Blockbuster and we played for a while.

I bought the ATV Fury 2 last weekend, but it wasn't raining, so I didn't try it yet. I'm not in love with ATVs, but since everybody says its good off-road, I give it a try. Let's see... I wonder why they don't addapt it to bikes...

Besides this, I love (and have) the following:

Medal of Honor
GT3 (really fun)
Devil may Cry 2
MotoGP3 (excellent. I would be THE BEST, if it was on the dirt)

I have some others not so funny: Batman's Revenge, Clancey's Ghost Recon, UFC, NBA 2002, NHL 2002, Winning Eleven, Ace something 2 (air combat), Monsters Inc (my girl's), Bob Spounge (my nephew's), and some others that I could not even remeber the name...

Did you guys heard about "The Getaway"? What about "Resident Evil: Code Veronica X", "Wolverine's Revenge - X Men" and "Spiderman"?

Jake T

Mar 23, 2000
Wolverine's Revenge is supposed to be cool. I plan on getting it along with Splinter Cell. I love stealth games!
As far as moto games ATV offroad fury 2 is the best. I played both 1 and 2 and the sequle is better.

CamYZ125

Jan 3, 2003
I agree that ATV offroad has some decent physics, but I just can't get over the couch I'm riding. I think the best dirtbike game is MX superfly, the sequel to RC's MX2002. I think it has good physics and realistic suspension... and there are only a few features (front flips, etc..) that are pushing it.. but the whips are awesome! Makes you wanna go out and ride!

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Resident Evil-CVX , and Spiderman the movie are definatly worth getting.
And i think i'm a GT3 addict for life. (fav car is my jet black Skyline R34 vspec2. got it tuned to over 1000hp now. :p )
Got hooked on one i didnt think i'd like at all though.
Xenosaga.
Heck of a game. (if ya like RPG's)(even if ya dont actually)
it takes about 50 to 80 hrs to complete the danged thing, plus side games and theres about an hour or so worth of cut scenes on there.
(how'd they fit all that onto 1 disc????) :think:
Plus Shion and KosMos are babes! :thumb:
yea, i need to get back on my bike SOON. :laugh:

yamahulk48

Dec 11, 2002
I would have to go with ATV Offroad Fury 2, even though its on a couch with wheels its the best racing game out. I have the ps2 modem as well and play online against other racers. I have met many a friends and its a good time, just be careful its very addicting!:)

lisa'sxr4

Jul 16, 2002
Your talking prompted me to rent 2 games from Blockbuster last night -

ATV Fury 2 - Great game.
Freekstyle - Another fun one.

Thanks for the tip - I think I'll be purchasing ATV Fury this weekend!!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
I am torn between MX RIder and MX 2002 as the best Playstation 2 MX Games. I think the racing part is actually better in MX Rider but I think the MX 2002 is a bit more fun overall. Superfly went too far overboard on the freestyle and gave up too many tracks and too much race time for my taste. Afetr a while, I get tired of doing Nac Nac lazy boy triple Hart Attacks.

ATV Fury was entertaining for a while and would be eager to try a bike version.

Last edited:

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
I play Motocross Madness 2 on the PC a lot (too much!), and was just reading about the next Rainbow Studios game. It is an MX game ("MX Unleashed") with a better physics model than ATV 2 (I think - I've never played it) and of course better graphics... it's coming out in Jan 2004 but it looks really sweet! They said they modeled the dirt better - instead of point-and-steer riding, the bike can slide in corners, so there are more ways to ride a corner - squaring off, etc. Also, they said they implemented a good clutch system, which sounds cool - in MCM2 I wish I had to shift. Supposedly the rider model is also a lot better - more reaction to what the bike is doing. There will also be snow and rain, as well as mud (cool!). I think the ultimate would be if they had ruts that developed as the ride went on, based on which lines were most used. There is more info at www.motocrossmadness2.com

It's going to be released for PS/2 and XBOX - I don't have either but just might have to get one!

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
I want a game like the upcoming MX Unleashed, but you start in privateer mode, then you earn money to buy parts and upgrades, then the more you win you gain sponsors, then eventually you get a factory ride.... that would be awesome

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
n8mx has it correct from what I have heard....
IMO, as of now, the best game would be ATVoffroadfury2..I too am just going to wait till JAN 2004 for the new rainbow studios game..I also thought the best actual motocross game is MCM2 for the PC, Just waiting for it to come to PS2 on 04....

BigAl

Mar 30, 2001
the best mx game ever is motocross mania for the computer. its way better than mx madness. the physics are totaly realistic. in mx madness the bikes handle more like cars, in mx mania, you can powerslide, square off a turn, rail a burm, preload for a jump, the game is awsome. you also win money in season mode that you can use to buy upgrades for the bike(chassis, suspension, brakes, engine). it also has multiplayer over gamespy. its to bad this game never really caught on like mx madness, its much better. after playing this for a while i tried mx madness 2, didnt like it at all, seemed cheesy compared to mx mania.

CamYZ125

Jan 3, 2003
"The physics are totally realistic" I dunno...there's something about doing a 720* misty-flip off of a triple that just doesn't seem very real to me. But maybe my definition of 'realistic' is a bit different than yours. I played MCM2 soo much last summer... but for some reason I haven't played it much lately. I'll be lookin forward to testing 'MX Unleashed' whenever it comes out... could be pretty sweet.

BigAl

Mar 30, 2001
haha ya thats true, you can do some crazy stuff in the air. to me thats the games only weak point, the bikes are to "flickey" in the air, but i love the way they handle on the ground, especially over the whoops. the suspensions in mx mania actually work very well.

Top Bottom