MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
I'm going over tonight to get a Sony Playstation. I was just wondering what everyones favorite MX Game is for it so I don't wast my money on something cheesy. You know I put DRN'rs opinions above everyone elses, especially in this category. So what's best, RC's Supercross, Mcgraths SX, etc..? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
The ugly truth first... MX games on playstation2 are not very good compared to Motocross Madness 2 on the PC, it's hands-down superior. That being said, RC's game isn't bad.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Thanks Okie. MotoX Madness 1 runs great on my PII 350 with 128MB of memory. Problem is, which I am sure most feel this way, I don't like to go home and sit in front of the PC after being on one all day. Much rather be in front of the TV. I figure Playstation will at least allow me to do that interactivly and I can get a thumb workout.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Most video rental stores also have games you can rent. I'd suggesed you do that, then you can find what game you like best. I've played McGrath's, RC's, and Supercross Circuit from 989 it wins hands down. I also have MM2 and while it is cool I still think Supercross Circuit is better, might be because of the controlers and the screen size (19" monitor vs. 27" TV) plus being able to lounge on the couch don't hurt either.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Patman, does Supercross Circuit have pretty ergonomic controls? Like in Motocross madness, I can't stay on the MX track to save my life? The only enjoyable thing is the dunes.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I also have that problem with MM2 but on S-C it's VERY intutive and much more realistic (not completly mind you) than any of the others I have played.

Duct Tape

Oct 19, 2000
Its funny...

You know, its funny, I had the beta of Motocross Madness 1 and it was the closest thing to real in any game as far as physics and controls(MCM2 definitely looks the best) it had a manual transmission, separate front and rear brakes, and both gas and brake gyros were there. Don't know why it was taken out when the game was released, but it sure was fun, I think the taking out the manual/auto transimission option was the big downer for me, I liked the added ability to switch gears.... :think

Tone

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
RC MX2002

I have played last years PS1's games and by far super cross circuit was the best....This year is different though. I received a new sony PS2 this xmas, and waited till july for RC MX2002... I have spent the past 6 months playing Motocross Madness 2 on my buddys NT system of gaming, and it is great...But MX2002, in my opinion just seems a tad more realistic and the actual controls are great, clutching - L1, brake slides R1, decompress suspension before jumps L2 R2, and brake and gas, rumble, really cool. the instant replays are great and for the most part, the rest is very good and there are some awesome freestyle events to try, the bus jump is pretty cool too.... the only other game for PS2 will be Mcgrath racing and EA sports supercross in november. the past EA supercross games for PS1 blew...I guess time will tell.

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
MCM2 has gas and brake gyros but no manual shifter. The other advantage it has over most of the others is the ability to play online against real people. And you can always find games to join.

Motorcycle racing is always better if you can talk smack after you win and make excuses when you lose...:p

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I agree Supercross Circuit!!

VERY realistic and detailed, tracks are pretty neat, and easy to control riders on the track. I LOVE that game! (I haven't played MM2, though)

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
On Playstation 1 the best MX game I've played was Supercross Circuit, but on Playstation 2 the best IMO is MX 2002 with Ricky Carmiceal, which is better than SX circuit. That game is awesome. I may buy a PS2 just for that game. I'd shy away from most of the Mcgrath games, the ones I've palyed haven't been very good.

Whoops

Jun 19, 2000
RCMX2002 is okay. Good physics model but not enough tracks and too much FMX. I wish someone would make a MX version of GT3(which is the best PS2 game imho).

Whoops

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
Just bought PS2 yesterday and per ya'lls opinions, rented SX Circuit from Blockbuster today. My wife and I just got done playing it. We spent 2.5 hours straight playing national seasons. I'd put to together a season and then she would for the next round. Man that game is on my list of next buys for sure. It is so realistic and at the same time intuitive like Patman said. I even got a chance to ride Broome-Tioga, which is my favorite track from when I used to race Dist 3 back in the mid 80's. There are so many track, rider, bike combinations, it would take forever to get them all done. Thanks for eveyone's opinions on this. Ya'll were pretty accurate.

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
PS1 games work on great PS2. I will probably rent RC next time, but SX Circuit is defenitly on my purchase list. The PS2 controllers have an Analog Joystick built in so MM2 should'nt be a problem. We'll give em all a shot, but I was surprised by SX Circuit because of how easy it is to stay on the track. You almost have to make an effort to even crash. Still trying to figure out how to keep up with the pack though.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by MX265
Still trying to figure out how to keep up with the pack though.

Use the goose(turbo/clutch/power boost) button - R1!! (and push down to seatbounce the SX triples) :confused:

MX265

Sponsoring Member
Jan 29, 2001
That helps. I was wondering how in the heck the other riders were pulling away on the straights like that. Man do I feel enlightened. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'll have to hook ya' up with Little Patman, he can smoke almost every rider on every track every time at every level. Totally amazing to me, first week I felt like McGrath at a local B race, within 2 weeks it was head to head, the third week I was the spectator wishing I could "ride" like that.:confused:

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
In case you didn't know, one of the coolest things about Motocross Madness (both 1 & 2) is that you can download and/or create your own tracks. There are a ton of tracks out there. You can also download custom "skins" to wear any kind of gear you want (or none if you use the nude rider!) It's much tougher to ride in MCM2 than MCM1, but it's an awesome game.

Top Bottom