KAWA200RIDER

Mar 4, 2004
Hey i'm going to do some MX pretty soon and wondering what kind of mods everybody's doing? Anybody running Pirelli MT 18's front and rear? I just got a set not put them on yet just wondering if you like 'em? I know you probably do reeds, pipe and suspension. But what exactly do you do to the suspension and what company do you suggest. I've been looking for a company online for a while with not alot of luck. The only company i've found so far is moto-pro because my bike is a little older. Are they any good or not? So if you guys could give me some liks to a site that sells them I'd appreciate it. Do the boyesen pro series reeds make a big difference? Also does the DG pipe and silencer make a big difference? Thanks for any info!

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
Good luck with the MX mods. on a KDX. I spent BIG $$ on my 96 KDX 200 and never even got to the proformance of stock MX bike. The KDX is not a MXer, it is, however, an excellant and called (rightly so) the best woods bike ever.

The DG pipe is basic pipe. It will most likely run like a stock pipe. No much added proformance if any from DG pipe, imo.

If your going to race MX, save your money and instead of putting into the KDX sell it and buy an MX bike. If woods is your thrill, then you are in the right place to get mods. that will enhance the KDX and help you race it in the woods.

From one that has spent the time and money trying to make the KDX good on the track, decide what you are going to focus on MX or woods. If MX, get the right bike - and the KDX is not it.

kc

Oct 2, 2001
Ive raced my 01 200 every now and then. i've done the usual mods - most important is stiffening up the front end.

Hey FREESTYLE - do you race NESC, or NEMX. I did a few NEMXs last year - sometimes had 3 kdx's on the line!

Some orgs have an "enduro or sportsmans" class to enter. I've seen kdx's do well in those classes..... :thumb:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The best mx mod you can get for the kdx?

Sell it and buy an mx bike.

re: '...18s front and rear?' :think: I wonder what kind of 'mx mod' that is.

I read somewhere recently:
If your going to race MX, save your money and instead of putting into the KDX sell it and buy an MX bike.

A very good idea!

(MX experts that ride 'mx'ed KDXs' notwithstanding. ...brother!)

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
KC

I race the NCSC Series. Same as the NESC, except it is ONLY racing at the Middleboro track and not traveling all around New England.

Are you from Mass? What town?

kc

Oct 2, 2001
Freestyle- Voluntown CT - this year i joined Central Cycle Club so i'll probably stick to the Central Village Track and race an occasional NESC or NEMX event.... CV track is really looking good with some major upgrades this year.

Last time i was at middleboro was in the mid 70's for an enduro - they held a special test at the track...

last year i rode Jolly, Southwick and CV. This year i plan on doing more enduro's.....

I like riding the kdx - especially like the motor. If kawa was smart they'd put that motor in the KX125 frame....they would sell a million....

Top Bottom