T&J Bellamy

Nov 8, 2001
I'm going to take off all the unneeded lights and head light that aren't needed for harescrambles. I'm also going for more MX styling. Since I cracked my headlight (tree incident) I want to replace it with a MX number plate and looking for a rear fender. For those of you who have put on a plate and rear fender, what model, bike, years, and company did you go with? PIctures would be great.

Thanks for your help,
J B

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
i just threw a kx front plate on and a maier r fender .with maier specify the new shiney plastic.i'm told it's just like factory.
goobystoys.msnw

Last edited:

SDTom

Jan 10, 2002
Gooby,
Nice shot of a nice bike. I have an 02 220 with a black Maier rear fender. I've got a KX front plate on order, it looks good on your bike. I notice you've got upside down forks...what can you tell me about that? New clamps? What year/bike are the forks from?
Thanks!!

Cactus Jim

Apr 1, 2002
As far as I've been able to find, Maier is the only MX rear fender for late model KDX's. I also went with black fenders, but with green side panels and MX number plate (with black backgrounds) from UFO. I trimmed plate to fit & look better. Several pictures under Member Galleries under "photos" at top. All was easy to do.

jgino157

May 17, 2002
Nice lookin bike.......Does the maier bolt on or do you need to trim it down or drill??????

Is your front fender maier or UFO???

Last edited:

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
my maier went on slick u drill where the little indents they place on the fender are for the bolts and bolt er on with the hardware they give.my front went on with no fab work too.i have the stock front fender but i also have a ufo f fender (tip) u can use a kx fender if it rubs the frame washers on the back bolts cures that

Top Bottom