bh

Nov 26, 2001
I want to install a mx number plate on my 1993 kdx200 but I don't want to get rid of my odometer. Will a number plate still fit and look right with the odometer?

Lowryder1012

Oct 4, 2002
I put a number plate on the front of my "90 KDX a couple of years ago when I changed out all the plastic. The headlight itself was broken, and the Nacelle was trashed, so I decided just to put an inexpensive flat number plate on.
This is what I did: I cut some about 1" long spacers out of some small diameter pipe and bolted the number plate to the mounting holes in the triple clamps (one in the upper middle and one in the lower middle) using the spacers to hold it away from the brake cable & odometer. (I had to buy some fairly long 6 mm bolts to do that). It flopped around a disconcerning amount at the outer edges , so I cut two small blocks out of 1- 1/2" x 1" X 2" (I'd guess) urethane insulation and glued them (I think I used liquid Nail) to the back of the plate so they would serve as a spacer, resting against against the fork legs. The I drilled a couple of small holes on each side of the blocks and put plastic ties through the holes and around the fork legs to secure the outer edges. The whole job took maybe 45 minutes, including head scratching.
I know it sounds kind of "hokie", but it looks just fine ( I have never had anyone make a negative comment about it.) and it has stood up to two years of very hard abuse and pleanty of crashes by my 15 year old son. It ain't going anywhere.

Top Bottom