2morestrokes

May 19, 2012
MX Rear Fender,...(Updated W/Pics)

A couple years back when I had my 220, the Maier mx rear fender was like 35 bucks anywhere you looked, now everywhere I look its around 75 or 80, even ebay, i'm just gonna have to stick with the big terd light fender because thats just rediculous. Anybody know where one could be had for a realistic price?

Last edited:

2morestrokes

May 19, 2012

2morestrokes

May 19, 2012
Think ive solved the problem for now, I had a brand new KX250 rear fender still in the bag from my old KX and decided to start fabbin, I actually modified it and ended up making a two piece rear fender. I used the inner fender area with the four bolts from the KDX fender, then the top back portion of the KX fender, bolted it to the rear sub frame mounts, the fender actually goes about 4 inches under the seat and looks factory for the most part. Works perfectly, the only thing is the grab section of the rear sub frame is visible, I may paint it black to sort of hide it a little better. I like the outcome for now, I will end up picking up the Maier rear mx fender later on when I get the extra money. I have a 2012 KX450F front fender on the way for it, as well as some hand gaurds, grips and a bar pad.

Last edited:

doctord

Sep 23, 2010
Looks Good.
I put a rear fender off of a 2004 KX250f on one of my KDXs.
Same thing with the grab rails showing.
It also will throw a little mud on your back.
The UFO rear fender looks like it might be better, but zero is nice if you already had the fender.

Top Bottom