Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
racerx

Discovery Channel to Premiere Motocross Special

Our old friend Joe Colombero has been busy working with Friends star Matt LeBlanc to produce a four-part series of specials which takes viewers along for the ride with some of the biggest stars of motorcycling. Racer X contributor Jim Kimball spotted this online:

"The 5 Coolest Things" will air on November 29 at 9:30 PM ET/PT

SILVER SPRING, Md., Oct. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Discovery Home & Leisure Channel unveils four specials under the banner THE 5 COOLEST THINGS, focusing on the leading superstars in the exciting and dangerous world of motocross. Each special highlights the best of each motocross discipline, identifying the "five coolest things" about that particular specialty of the sport. The series also showcases the unique personalities and styles of the sport's stars, featuring in-depth, one-on-one interviews with Supercross star Jeremy McGrath; Freestyle sensation Travis Pastrana; Road Racing champion Nicky Hayden; and Off-Road Racing pros Rodney Smith and Mike Kiedrowski. The following specials premiere on Discovery Home & Leisure Channel as part of its weekend block for auto and bike enthusiasts:

* THE 5 COOLEST THINGS: SUPERCROSS (Saturday, November 29 at 9:30 PM ET/PT)
* THE 5 COOLEST THINGS: OFF-ROAD (Saturday, December 6 at 9:30 PM ET/PT)
* THE 5 COOLEST THINGS: FREESTYLE (Saturday, December 13 at 9:30 PM ET/PT)
* THE 5 COOLEST THINGS: ROAD RACING (Saturday, December 20 at 9:30 PM ET/PT)

These specials unveil the intensity, the thrills, the stunts and the future of motocross, demonstrating the incredible skill required to succeed in the sport and the back story on how each style was developed. Guest host Matt LeBlanc--a motocross enthusiast himself--interviews the stars of each motocross discipline in these four specials. LeBlanc's one-on-one interviews with the motocross stars delve into what it takes to become a world-class motocross athlete, and take viewers on road trips to the locations where the motocross stars really shine.

THE 5 COOLEST THINGS was produced for the Discovery Home & Leisure Channel by Jon Katzman, Joe Colombero and Andrew Wainrib. For Discovery Home & Leisure Channel, Sue Norton is executive producer.

Discovery Home & Leisure Channel is part of Discovery Networks, U.S., a unit of Discovery Communications, Inc., which also operates and manages the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, the Travel Channel, Discovery Health Channel, Discovery HD Theater(TM), Discovery Kids Channel, Discovery Times Channel, Discovery Wings Channel, The Science Channel, Discovery en Espanol and The Health Network. The unit also distributes BBC AMERICA.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Maybe it's me but are there 5 coolest things or are only 4 airing, I don't see motocross and there is only four shows?

What up?

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Its on the regular discovery channel. Its the Discovery Home & Leisure Channel. You have to get a upgraded package to get it :( I can't watch it.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
If you go to Discoverys website and click on the home & leisure link you can see that the % coolest things are on mucho times, each event (4 of them) is on multiple days, so, even if you missed the first supercross show it will replay late Dec. All of them replay many times. I printed it out yesterday for my bros that were interested. I watched the first show w/Matt interviewing Jeremy, it was cool even though it was more for newbies.greenhorns/or those not familiar with our sport. Good public relations I suppose. Matt did his best but he's, after all, an actor, not your normal interviewer. I think thay should let me do the interviews so I can get close to the stars, LOL!

Top Bottom