MX style number plate for 2003 KDX220R

kymike

Nov 16, 2003
Are there any stock KX number plates that will bolt on the 2003 KDX 220? If not what other options are there? I would like to match the color or use white.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Are you looking to get rid of the headlight? If so order UFO part number 12-521-29 for a front number plate. If you are goint to keep the odometer you'll need to raise it 1/4 inch to clear the number plate. You'll also need to make a small plate for the two bottom bolts.

Last edited:

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
After smashing the odometer several times, and crushing 2 headlights in HS races, I put on a '01 KX250/125 front plate. I had to cut it a little, and it sits a little above the front fender, but it looks good and has stood up well after about a dozen encounters with large woody biomass. I've seen people at the races that have had older style #plates which fit the fender a little better, but they seem to make any KDX look like pre- 1995 vintage at first glance. I also saw a racer that had mounted a vented #plate on his KDX so well that it looked like an OEM part (not sure what Co. made the plate).
-Nick

Top Bottom