MX tech Husky rear Showa shock ride report

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
I had a very blown rear Showa shock on my 1994 Husky 360WXE. I disassembled the shock myself and found a very worn bore. Rather than replace it I had it re-plated (through Pro Action) They did a great job plating it with a nickel silicon coating and diamond honing it to spec.

MX Tech built up a new piston and valving for me. I used Mobil 1 ATF as a shock fluid.

I now have rebound damping!

Seriously now, I took it to the local track for some test and tune. I am totally pleased with the performance. The shock performed well, with initial overall performance and feel similar to the Pro Action valving I previously had installed. However the performance of the shock was maintained throughout the day. Somthing I found the Pro Action setup was never capable of. I found that I am using totally different clicker settings now.

In addition the performance under braking in stutter bumps is amazing. The rear wheel never hopped or lost traction. This was a constant problem with the Pro Action setup, in fact I was never able to dial it out.

Good Job!

Chris

Top Bottom