ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Absolutely fantastic... I have used and ridden revalved shocks from every major supplier, as well as some complete replacement shocks. No matter what, I had given up on true suspension performance on this bike. So I swapped the fork to a pair of CR showas and called jeremy. I said OK take my money and give me a high dollar new shock..you name the brand, (they were limited for this application). He slowed me down, critiqued what I liked and disliked from previous experience, and said he was reasonably sure he could make the stocker, decent.

I can't talk about the actual internals. I didn't ask, and he didn't tell. What I can say is this bike is rode by a very fast Vet, that does everything from Baja to the slimy root infested foothills of Washington. What I thought would be another bout of tuning, and possibly sending the shock back for some revalving, was squelched in about 40 minutes of riding on varied terrain. We moved the clickers around alittle and got a feel of the adjustability. After playing on some trails and hitting some nice TT style forest service roads, the bike did nothing but react predictable and stable. We have settled 3 clicks out from the shipped position on compression, and one click in on the rebound. Jeremy had said he was very interested in R&Ding this particular application, I consider it finalized!

Thanks Jeremy! your attention to detail on everything from the shipping containers on the fork and shock to the personal phone time spent with me is much appreciated.

Mark

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
:cool:

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Now that I read that, it does sound funny. My point was, while I know he used his own piston design, I actually do not know specifics as far as the valve stacks being a single or double stage etc. Not that it would matter, but with all of the technically literate on this site I figured people would be asking. I had some likes and dislikes from past experience with other pistons and valving arangements. After talking to Jeremy and realizing they may not have been based on anything fundamentally sound, I figured I would simply test and tune the product with out any previous design based biases.

ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Shag, The bike was set-up for a very fast Vet rider, (Ex pro TTer& MXer) who weighs 160ish. The rear has a 9.1 (MX-Tech),and the current forks (91' CR's) have 42's. Jeremy did do up a pair of 00' CR Showas for this bike, but I'm still in the process of having clamps fabbed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom