motojunkie

Apr 25, 2001
I've recently purchased a set of 48mm SXS forks (valved/sprung by MX Tech)for my 01 520SX, and I thought that a review was in order. Here are my observations:

1. The 48mm SXS forks take a long time to break in. It took about 6-7 rides to break them in.

2. I bolted to forks on before I had the shock valved/sprung. This resulted in my bike being unbalanced, and didn't really make the forks shine.

3. I had the shock valved/sprung using the MX-Tech low flow piston. This was an instant winner, the bike was very balanced, and reacted superbly to all track obstacles. Instantly the bike began to handle awesome.

4. This set-up greatly increased my confidence, and speed. I can blitz whoops, carve corners, and hit the biggest jumps without fear of my suspension acting "funny".

5. Here is the particulars with my set-up:

18mm Emig Racing triple clamps
5mm of fork leg above the clamps
clickers where MX-Tech put them (I haven't needed to touch them!)
30+ novice rider
190lbs

I was very impressed with the improvement to my suspension, and give MX-Tech a strong recommendation.

Thanks Jeremy - good job! :)

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
:cool:

MJ, I rode thumps bike down at Dirtweek. JW did wonders to the suspension on his 99 400. Can't wait to get my suspenders to him. Unbelieveable differance. I was stung by a couple of "suspension experts" so I have been doing my own, until I rode Thumps bike.

Top Bottom