MX-Tech suspended 2004 CR500AF, set up for Glamis.

Firebalsocal

Jul 20, 2003
I wanted to let Jeremy know how well MX-Tech had set this suspension up. At 165 in gear and riding in sand dunes that like softer suspension, my YZ400F knocked me around. When I ordered the CR500AF from Service honda, I wanted the suspension sprung and valved to my weight. I had no clue who Jeremy Wilkey was or what MX-Tech did. Luckily, it seems Service Honda keeps exceptional vendors to handle things like suspension and motorwork.

I had been in email contact with Jeremy for almost a month prior to Service sending the suspension out to MX-Tech. He took my info and set up an incredibly supple suspension that had perfect shock settings and was one click shy of perfect on the fork compression settings. I asked for plush and I got it. I know how important the proper suspension setup can be. Even above motorwork, if you can't keep the bike rubber side down, you aren't gonna be riding as well as you could be. I haven't ridden anything as well set up as this bike.

I also ordered the enzo subtank option and the plushness of the front end and the unwillingness to bottom out, even on fast sand whoops, was hoped for but not expected.

Your guys did an excellent job Jeremy. I would recommend MX-Tech to anyone.

If your interested in checking out the bike, I did a write up on it at GlamisDunes.com. Click here: http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=15788&st=0#entry245478

Top Bottom