D!rtbag

Apr 30, 2007
HEllo i am wondering if this is true.Long ago my brother had an 87' KTM 80ccMX. He said it had a switch on it somewhere where u can flip it and it switched it from MX to enduro. Anyone know if this is true? if so, does KTM have it on any of there later models? (98-07)? :coocoo:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
yeah...you flip the switch and it adds lights, re-does your suspension and changes the engine set up. :nener:

I actually never heard of a bike like that.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
There is an aftermarket ignition system that has two settings, I don't remember the name. Not sure if a bike manufacturer ever put one on stock.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Stock GasGas bikes have a switch that changes the ignition settings: one is mellower for slippery stuff, the other is for more open/motocross stuff. Old Honda Trail 90's had a high and low range on them...

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I thought I read that the KTM were going to have this as an option for the 2008 models! The idea being when you are tired and worn out and don't want the hit, flip the switch and put home.

Switch ignition maps on-the-fly with a flick of the switch. Increases spark energy greatly and improves starting, throttle response, and increases mid range and top end horsepower. Effectively eliminates overrev popping; unit can be reprogrammed for individual performance needs. Available for ‘99-05 CR125/250 and TC 250/450 models ONLY. Includes remote switch. By Ferracci; $399

and Moose, you should read this thread more closely; http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=151369
When someone asks a legitimate question that they might feel uncomfortable about asking anyway, they don’t need someone posting instant sarcasm! :|

Last edited:
Top Bottom